Name on Chanote

Legal issues related to buying land, houses, condos in the LOS. Anything about contracts. Finance related, such as getting a mortgage, buying property from the bank, etc.

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, Sometimewoodworker

difuso

Name on Chanote

Post by difuso »

My girlfriend would like me to build a house on her land.
On checking out the Chanote I find that her name is on the rear of the document. (The only Thai I can read is her name!)
Her name appears after the name of the individual whose name is on the front of the document.
I would expect the owner's name to appear on the front of the Chanote.
I smell a rat.
Nawty

Post by Nawty »

I will have a look at mine, but I would think that the front is the original owner, subdivder or whatever and then the back section is where all the ammendments take place, new owners, debt registration etc. I doubt they change the front title page every change of hands.

I think your rat is ok, anyway, get a copy and have it translated, very easy to have done.
chorizo

chanote

Post by chorizo »

I got a lawyer and did an Usafruct title ( good for life to use of land ), my name is on back of Chanote.......one would not build a house on land he did not own (lease) back in farangland, would he?
Also when you find a contractor, have the contract in english, you signing the contract with your wife-girlfriend signing as witness. This will show the house is yours....incase of problems down the line....
Good luck...Chorizo
chorizo

chanote

Post by chorizo »

I got a lawyer and did an Usafruct title ( good for life to use of land ), my name is on back of Chanote.......one would not build a house on land he did not own (lease) back in farangland, would he?
Also when you find a contractor, have the contract in english, you signing the contract with your wife-girlfriend signing as witness. This will show the house is yours....incase of problems down the line....
Good luck...Chorizo
chorizo

chanote

Post by chorizo »

Good luck...Chorizo