Proposal: delete nonsense and OT posts

Requests for changes or modifications to the forum software settings or other wish list items. Also, post any problems you are having using the forum here.

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, Sometimewoodworker

Attila

Proposal: delete nonsense and OT posts

Post by Attila »

Hi all,

let me propose to delete all the recent nonsense, offending and OT posts or at least the OT or offending parts in it. This is for the recent a tad too personal attacks in the electricity forum, especially against Itchy and a little earlier Cruzing.

I do not want to make this a proposal for moderating this forum in general though. We should be able to do without.

However there was so much bad vocabulary, and personal attacks, lets clean that out in a one time spring cleaning. No need to confront anyone looking here for help with that.

Include in the deleting the supposedly funny bargirl picture in the gogo bar a/c thread. You probably guess already who posted it :wink: This is not the Suzibarforum, isn't it?

I got so much positive already out of this forum, and the coolthaihouse site. Let's not hide the pearls under flame wars.

:) Attila
dozer
Site Admin

clear out bad stuff

Post by dozer »

Yes, I agree. Attila if I make you a moderator can you help with the clean ups?
teletiger

Post by teletiger »

A Hun.....a moderator?....FOHCL.
regards. :D
Attila

Post by Attila »

teletiger wrote:A Hun.....a moderator?....FOHCL.
regards. :D
What do you know about the Huns? Hmmm, let me guess, you learned it all from a movie :wink:

How about switching over to the history channel?!! You might learn some real stuff.

The main source for real information on Attila (the Hun) is Priscus, a historian who traveled with Maximin on an embassy from Theodosius II in 448. His description of the Hun Attila uses words such as "temperate, impassive, unadorned, simplicity and humility" - well, that might actually make a quite good moderator :wink:
The historian Priscus was sent as emissary to Attila's encampment in 448, and the fragments of his reports preserved by Jordanes offer the best glimpse of Attila among his numerous wives, his Scythian fool, and his Moorish dwarf, impassive and unadorned amid the splendor of the courtiers:
A luxurious meal, served on silver plate, had been made ready for us and the barbarian guests, but Attila ate nothing but meat on a wooden trencher. In everything else, too, he showed himself temperate; his cup was of wood, while to the guests were given goblets of gold and silver. His dress, too, was quite simple, affecting only to be clean. The sword he carried at his side, the latchets of his Scythian shoes, the bridle of his horse were not adorned, like those of the other Scythians, with gold or gems or anything costly.
The Huns of Attila's era had been mingling with Roman civilization for some time, largely through the Germanic foederati of the border—so that by the time of Theodosius's embassy in 448, Priscus could identify Hunnic, Gothic, and Latin as the three common languages of the horde. Priscus also recounts his meeting with an eastern Roman captive who had so fully assimilated into the Huns' way of life that he had no desire to return to his former country, and the Byzantine historian's description of Attila's humility and simplicity is unambiguous in its admiration.
And then the name, apparently you have no clue where the name Attila is coming from? The name Attila means "Little Father" in Gothic (atta "father" plus diminutive suffix -la) as many Goths were known to serve under Attila.

And then, there are quite a few more historic Attila's, such as the holy Attila of Zamora (Spain), declared holy 1095.

Or more recent: Most Rev. Attila Mikloshazy, S.J., titular bishop of Castel Minore and Bishop for Hungarian Emigrants throughout the world. He resides in Ontario, Canada.

And and and ...

But that was all not in the movie :roll:
Of course not, Hollywood is about fiction and not about facts :D
teletiger

Post by teletiger »

Gawd......I've been googled. :shock:
regards
John

Post by John »

Well its a bit sad that a board like this needs a mod to help remove abuse but I guess thats the way it is these days.

Good proposal anyway.

I was wondering what some of you guys looked like.

Attila

Post by Attila »

John wrote:Well its a bit sad that a board like this needs a mod to help remove abuse but I guess thats the way it is these days.

Good proposal anyway.

I was wondering what some of you guys looked like.

Almost
However that picture is quite old, I did some shaving in the meantime :wink: :lol:
Attila

No need for fiction, the facts are interesting enough.

Post by Attila »

teletiger wrote:Gawd......I've been googled. :shock:
regards
Actually, there seems to be nothing about the holy Attila of Zamora (Spain) in google. Probably it's too long ago, a millenium is a long long time.

And that with the History Channel was no joke, they show (and repeat from time to time) a quite good biography about the historic Attila. :wink: No need for fiction, the facts are interesting enough. :)