Briton says Thai woman dumps him after getting his Bt17 mill

Legal issues related to buying land, houses, condos in the LOS. Anything about contracts. Finance related, such as getting a mortgage, buying property from the bank, etc.

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, Sometimewoodworker

dozer
Site Admin

Briton says Thai woman dumps him after getting his Bt17 mill

Post by dozer »

source: The Nation/breaking news Oct 5 2007

A 63-year-old Briton called for help from the authorities to force a Thai woman to return his money nearly Bt17 million after she chased him out of her house.

Stephen Jones said he had met the woman in Pattaya in 2001 and decided to sell all of his assets in England and gave the money to her to buy a house and plots of land in Kalasin to live with her.

But the woman chased him out of the house two months ago after she had got all of his money.

He said he became broke and wanted his money back so that he could return to his homeland.

Kalasin chief public prosecutor said the woman could not yet be charged with cheating because the two had got married.

He said the Kalasin public prosecutor office would investigate to see if the assets had been bought with Jones' money or not and would see if Jones had willingly given the assets to the woman.

He said it was possible that Jones could sue the woman for equal divisions of the assets.

The Nation
johnleepbs

Re: Briton says Thai woman dumps him after getting his Bt17

Post by johnleepbs »

dozer wrote: Bt17 million

met the woman in Pattaya in 2001 and decided to sell all of his assets in England and gave the money to her to buy a house and plots of land in Kalasin to live with her.

But the woman chased him out of the house two months ago after she had got all of his money.

He said he became broke and wanted his money back so that he could return to his homeland.

the two had got married.

would see if Jones had willingly given the assets to the woman.

He said it was possible that Jones could sue the woman for equal divisions of the assets.
My highlights. There is, sadly, a new one turns up every day with a similar story. If he sues lets see where his half goes. :lol: . However this is a building forum where there are enough issues; not how, or not, to pick the significant other half you are doing it with :roll:

Regards
KoratCat (the real)

Acqusition of land with foreigner's money

Post by KoratCat (the real) »

This is not a new topic. The thai Supreme Court has dealt with this topic repeatedly in the past 40 years and always decided for the foreigner, if he could prove his money was used for the purchase and he did not sign a gift certificate at the Land Office . On thai law (sections 111 and 113 Land Code) he purchased the land by agency of the thai woman. She was then registered on his behalf only. He has to sell the land then and he gets all the proceeds - not just half! There is a detailed description of a case from Korat "Land purchase in GFs name?" at

http://www.korat-info.com/forum/viewtop ... =34&t=1306

Please be careful when selecting a lawyer to represent you. Especially be careful with lawyers recommending themselves on forums, which they often do under false nicks.

Klaus
Nawty

Post by Nawty »

How do we know you are not a false nick ?

After all with a name like 'nick' and 'klause' and xmas not so far away :D
Nawty

Post by Nawty »

Iinterested to know why the foreigner is not charged with something here as he is obviously circumventing the law.

Also these cases are old, anything new and up to date ?

How would these cases hold up now with the recent changes and delvings into FBA and company ownership and nominees etc ?
KoratCat (the real)

Nawty wrote:How do we know you are not a false nick ?

T H I N K ! :lol:

Have I been recommending something or somebody, or did I alert you to care!
Have you ever heard of anybody posting on his own forum with a false nick, trying to deceive somebody for a "business" purpose? Can my nick be followed back on several forums including my own a long time prior to the registration of the guy who registered here as "KoratCat? Did he use the email address of my publicly registered domain for the registration here? Which IP address did he post from? Last not least: what did he post? :wink:

The internet is not as anonymous as some people like to think!
KoratCat (the real)

Nawty wrote:Iinterested to know why the foreigner is not charged with something here as he is obviously circumventing the law.
If you have read the topic carefully you might have seen that this question was asked and answered there:

- the Land Office tried but did the wrong way by asking the Civil Court instead of using their own authority on that, issuing an official order which could be appealed against at the Administrative Court.

- Apart from that the limitation of time (2 years) had run out already. I think officials at the Land Office knew that. That's why they tried to go another way by asking the Civil Court.
Nawty

Post by Nawty »

Yes but I what I mean is relative to now. This was years ago and everyone was circumventing the law...or the loopholes and being ignored until recently.

I wonder if a foreigner would get away with the same thing today....thats why I asked if any up to date cases similar to this.

I will not be the first :wink:
KoratCat (the real)

If I desperately needed to know I'd try to find the answer there:

*Please click banner to visit

Sorry if I am too lazy to find out for you. None of my friends ran into problems like that for a long time.

Better not buy land before you are certain about things in your relationship or have a child. My friends' wives usually get loans from banks with about 30 % of the value paid at purchase. The interest they pay to the bank is like the insurance premium that they don't have to pay longer than things go well in the relationship. About all the relationships cemented like that keep working. It's just newcomers with the dream of investing all and even make business who go into the trap. Usufruct doesn't help much either when things turn real.

The "problem" is that banks are not as careless as loaning to bargirls. :lol:
Zappadappa

Post by Zappadappa »

Oh well what can you say, 17mil-bht aint that much to lose.

I got m8's in Oz who have lost $1mil au in property and cash during settlement.

It happens every where

8)
jazzman

Re:

Post by jazzman »

Zappadappa wrote:Oh well what can you say, 17mil-bht aint that much to lose.
That is rather glib. Anyone with that much disposable income to gamble with, does not need help from CTH for his construction projects :wink:
Attila

Re:

Post by Attila »

Nawty wrote:How do we know you are not a false nick ?

You might wanna research a little before posting.

From Wikipedia: "Klaus is a German given name and surname. It originated as a short form of Nikolaus, a German form of the given name Nicholas."

Google for "Klaus" and you will find about 71,600,000 hits.

Therefore it is quite possible that Ko'Cat's real name is indeed Klaus, and he's from a German speaking country, and at least the part of your comment which starts with "After all" doesn't make any sense at all.

Now, let's see, what was your nick again? :wink:
Zappadappa

Re: Re:

Post by Zappadappa »

jazzman wrote:
Zappadappa wrote:Oh well what can you say, 17mil-bht aint that much to lose.
That is rather glib. Anyone with that much disposable income to gamble with, does not need help from CTH for his construction projects :wink:
I don't gamble with my wealth :P

8)