River Land

Land or house for sale. Anything real estate related for sale goes here! DO NOT however advertise consulting or building services.

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, Sometimewoodworker, tcth16

danblack

River Land

Post by danblack »

I am looking for about a rai of land with some river frontage. I would like it clean enough to swim and fish in, and big enough for a small boat. It should also not be too far from town, Anybody have any suggestions. Or even recommend a really nice river
Nawty

Post by Nawty »

River kwai in Kanchanaburi, several offshoots of it also around town.

Problem you may have is that just 1 rai on the river will be expensive if and when you can find, most are larger plots.
jazzman

Post by jazzman »

Mekong - from Nan (province capital) in the North, through the charming towns of Sri Chiang Mai, Phon Pisai and Tha Bo in Nong Khai province, Nong Khai City itself , then all the way round to Mukdahan (province capital) in the east of Isaan.

A very clean river in spite of being in the last 1,000 km of its 6,000 km journey from Tibet (I think :? ). Lovely beaches in the dry season, sometimes right up to your back yard, particularly on the outskirts of Nong Khai and Mukdahan cities, both of which BTW have first class access (bridges) to Laos.
danblack

Post by danblack »

Thanks, I like both those places and will have to give them a closer look
jazzman

Post by jazzman »

Sorry, there's many a slip twixt mouse and map - Nan is of course on the River Nan. It's a bit of a remote place but very nice though.
The Mekong hits the border at Chian Kang about 30 km north of Loei, but there's a tributary that runs from Tha Li. If you have a car, it's a beautiful exercise to drive the whole way round from there in a West-East direction, hugging the 'coast' road. Some stretches are no more than dirt track - where the land is particularly cheap and unspoiled. Allow several days if you are going on the discovery trail all the way round to Kong Chiam. There are plenty of nice little bungalow resorts on the way: 250 - 500 baht pernight, with TV, air-con, fridge, and some with a small swimming pool.
Glenn

Post by Glenn »

We have 6 rai in Kanchanaburi.

The land (about 10 rai) next door to us is for sale. About 1 rai is on the River Kwai, very beautiful.

We would be interested in the land contigious to us. Perhaps we can work together on the purchase. You get what you want and we get what we want.

They want about 300,000 per rai. But it can probably be bought for 250,000 per rai. PM me if you have any interest.
ben achi

Post by ben achi »

I am looking to purchase land in Thailand. It seems that the land near the coast is very expensive but other places are far more reasonable. Did the 10 rai of land on the river get sold? If not I could be very interested.

I will be travelling to Thailand at the end September with a view to at least checking out the market and hopefully identifying and purchasing land.
jazzman

Post by jazzman »

1 rai with a riverfront, (if it's useable building land ) particularly in Kanchanaburi for 300,000 is not expensive. But it depends where it is in Kanchanaburi - t's a big province. Some of it is so remote you may be able to get the land for almost nothing. Land is for sale in Nong Bua lamphu for only 10,000 per rai. On the other hand, just 100 sq wa in Pattaya, 12 km inland, can cost 660,000.
ben achi

Post by ben achi »

Two weeks and I will be there in Thailand to try to locate and buy some land.

What I,m looking for is Good location with some form of Farang community within reasonable distance (dosent have to be like Pattaya for me but at least a smattering of Farang). I dont particularly need to be in a town but I want to be nearby (say within 5 miles). Considering looking near Chaiyaphum but not sure about the Farang community. Also plan to have a look at Koh Chang and some of the smaller Islands nearby. Might venture to the North East to have a look there as well. I think the very popular locations such as Pattaya and Phuket will be beyond my budget.

Any guidance offered with regard to locations where there is a reasonable Farang community would be appreciated

I would still be interested to know about the land near the river.
jazzman

Post by jazzman »

There are about 75,000 villages in Thailand and there is probably a farang in every one of them.

Chaiyaphum:
It depends whether you mean the province or the town itself. Like most 'cities' in Isaan - or in a 15 km radius - it has a handful of farangs (some whom I know), but no 'community'. Your other favourite place 'Petchabun' and nearby Lom Sak are also typical of this phenomenon. If there is a community, you won't get to find out about it until long after you have started living there, or at least arousing curiosity by building something - word gets round fast if there's a new farang in the region, but it is still not indicative of the existence of a community.

Expat communities, are more readily found in, or near one of the larger cities like Khorat, Khon Kaen, Ubon Ratchathani, Nong Khai (small but 100s of farangs).

You can find out more by joining the expat forums of those cities. You'll probably find them listed in Google.
Last edited by jazzman on Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ben achi

Post by ben achi »

Thanks for your useful advice once again Jazzman
jazzman

Post by jazzman »

Another one of my famous 'slips twixt mouse and map' :
I forgot to mention Udon Thani, of course, one of the four or five largest cities in the country and in heart of the Northeast. It has my nearest supermarket - 78 km away. For those that want home comforts it also has Danish and German bakeries, German butchers, French butchers, and a number of German owned guest houses. There is a whole string of farang bars all next door to each other opposite the Robinson Shopping mall, and dozens more, and Italian Pizzerias, in the dark alleyways around the railway station.

Sizeable expat community. Dedicated expat forum. Expat clubs for every nationality. International airport. And it even has one of the rare immigration offices in Isaan, and a Swedish owned real estate agency.