Land Trat Province

Land or house for sale. Anything real estate related for sale goes here! DO NOT however advertise consulting or building services.

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, Sometimewoodworker, tcth16

honkin

Land Trat Province

Post by honkin »

My Thai wife and I are wishing to build a home in Trat province and wonder if anyone could recommend where to begin looking? It need not necessarily be beachfront land, but certianly accessible and be able to obtain services - electricity etc.

There appears not to be any formal real estate agents in Trat town and not many in Pattaya deal in land further East.

We live in Australia, but are coming over for a month April/May for a look.

Are banks worth a look?

Cheers

honkin
dozer
Site Admin

Post by dozer »

I've looked at bank stuff before, but not for land. What I found is that some of the things were reasonably priced, some over priced and some bargains. It depends on the amount the bank is into it for. They are willing to sit on foreclosed property for years, if need be. The upshot is you really need to reaseach it yourself first so you know the values!
honkin

Post by honkin »

Thanx Dozer.

We are lucky enough that we have a Thai friend who works for the Thai Military Bank and may be able to help us along.

I will check what banks are in Trat town, or even Chantaburi and see what they have to offer.

We are over in late April for a month, so plenty of time to look.

Cheers
Itchy

Post by Itchy »

My wife and I bought from the bank and are extremely happy with the purchase.

My advice would be spend some time looking at the bank websites, you'll need a good map to identify 'Possible Buys' as some of the addresses are misleading (ie our address was listed as a seperate Tambon but was right next to the Town Centre, wereas I have seen references to Amphur Muang 'Town District' where the property was over thirty Kms from town).

Put some time asside for viewing lots of properties and have a car ready for that (oh and the good map).

If you find what you want, make an offer at least 20% below the asking price but be careful to agree who is paying transfer taxes and be prepared to have to stump up the full payment in cash if your purchase is agreed.

If you are dealing with the banks there is no need for inside help, or agents - The banks sell through clearing companies set up in Bangkok and they are very professional. Allowing anyone else between you and the bank is going to cost money, money that you need not pay as the banks do all the work for you.
honkin

Post by honkin »

Cheers itchy. Thanx for your advice

What area did you buy in?

honkin
Itchy

Post by Itchy »

My wife is from Nakhon Sawan and I like to country side more than the ocean so we bought up North but the same principle applies across the country.