Land for sale in Chiang Rai

Land or house for sale. Anything real estate related for sale goes here! DO NOT however advertise consulting or building services.

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, Sometimewoodworker, tcth16

cruzing

Land for sale in Chiang Rai

Post by cruzing »

Well, it looks like I've been a busy gal posting here today and have something else to add. Don't know why I didn't think of posting it sooner, and the hubby was aghast that I hadn't,but.............We and our friends in San Diego both have 1 rai pieces of land for sale in a subdivision on the edge of Chiang Mai. Not exactly sure which way as I'm not THAT familiar with Chiang Mai. We have our chanote and a copy of my friends chanote who will be visiting in Nov. She is from Chiang Rai and they have decided to buy something up there, or possibly just build on her brother's farm.

Anyway, anyone interested and I can pm you a copy of the chanote.(s)

Cruzing
robinsueuk

Post by robinsueuk »

we are thinking of buying land in or near Chiang Rai for when we retire in 2/3 years time
cruzing

land

Post by cruzing »

Hi,

Yes, I much prefer Chiang Rai, but our land is in Chiang Mai. My notice got originally posted under the wrong town.

cruzing
robinsueuk

Post by robinsueuk »

thanks for your reply. Can you point us in the right direction regarding honest realtors etc ?, thanks
cruzing

realtor

Post by cruzing »

robinsueuk wrote:thanks for your reply. Can you point us in the right direction regarding honest realtors etc ?, thanks
Personally, I would never use a real estate agent to buy land in Thailand. Honest and real estate agent don't belong in the same sentence.

There is always land for sale and people willing to sell directly to you.....or someone who knows someone who knows someone that has land for sale. The only problem with this kind of deal (and it's a small thing) is that you have every one of those someones coming along with you to show you the property plus the owner. They all get a cut of the percentage you pay, which is usually 1%to 3%. I think there were three people that shared the commission when we bought our property. If I'm not mistaken the seller pays that or it's split. In our case Ibelieve the seller paid.

The problem with real estate agents is there are so many ways they can drive the price up so they benefit, even though you think you are only paying them a small percentage, in reality they could have a deal with the owner where they get a kick back.

Are you buying around your wife's family? They should be able to help you out. Or do you know someone that lives in the area you are interested in that you can trust?

Happy Hunting,
cruzing
robinsueuk

my wife is uk citizen born and bred

Post by robinsueuk »

I think I am alone in bringing my white wife to Thailand :D We just want a warm and peaceful home in Thailand
cruzing

Re: my wife is uk citizen born and bred

Post by cruzing »

robinsueuk wrote:I think I am alone in bringing my white wife to Thailand :D We just want a warm and peaceful home in Thailand
hmmm. sorry. I saw the name, but it's not uncommon for a thai woman to have a name like Ann for instance. My mistake. :D

anyway, are you just looking for a condo then, as you can't own land.

cruzing
robinsueuk

Post by robinsueuk »

we are hoping for a 30 year lease