Steel Roofing Price Range and Suggestions?

methods, materials, sources & prices, construction for separate Topics on:
- steel truss
- tiles and coverings
- gutters and valleys
- insulation and ventilation
- soffit
- ceilings and anything related to ceiling construction and decoration

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL, pattayapope

Steel Roofing Price Range and Suggestions?

Postby muaythaiguy » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:29 pm

Do any of you guys have a rough idea of how much metal sheet roofing costs in Thailand?
I realize the exact price would depend on the quality of the roofing sheets, labor cost, location etc. but I'm just looking to get a ballpark idea right now.
If anyone has a rough idea of what the price is per square meter (with steel supports and installation), let me know.
Also, I've just started looking into this so if you guys could recommend companies that you've had good experiences with, that would be great and I'll contact to get a more exact price quote (Chiang Mai area).

I've attached a couple photos showing what I'm looking for (it's for a Muay Thai gym)..

Thanks in advance.

muaythaiguy

Re: Steel Roofing Price Range and Suggestions?

Postby Roger Ramjet » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:13 pm

muaythaiguy,
This is the company I used with no complaints. http://www.steelintertech.com/index_en.htm I supplied the steel under it for many reasons so I don't know whether they supply that or not.
Here's the page with photos where they put it up: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1864&start=660 It was just over 200 sq mts.
Roger Ramjet

Postby orish » Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:08 am

Hi muaythaiguy,

I’m in the process of building a (mono-pitched) metal sheet roof as well – also in Chiang Mai – and we’re going round in circles trying to get someone who can build it for us and advise us on what kind of structure it should be (that is, without charging exorbitant prices - we're building a small house, not a hi-rise condominium).

We’re thinking of about 120 m2 L-shaped metal-sheet roof on top of eight steel posts about 6 meters apart. It’ll look very much like a small hanger (or muay thai gym, for that matter). I'm happy with the choice of metal sheeting so far (aluzinc, maybe .3mm or .5mm) with laminated insulation.

However, we’re not sure what kind of horizontal supports to construct – whether it’s necessary to use trusses or whether we can get away with super-strong I-beams or something.

You’ve built your muay thai gym already, right? Please could you let me know how it went, what you used in the construction, whether you can recommend anyone (in Chiang Mai) who can do the job (cheaply) and what it cost you?

Keep well and best wishes,
Gary
orish

Postby fredlk » Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:24 am

orish wrote:Hi muaythaiguy,

This member hasn't been online since 1st March 2013 and so it's possible he might not answer your queries.
fredlk

Postby bmisteel » Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:28 pm

The cost of materials for metal shingles ranges from $2.5 – $4 per sq. ft., depending on the manufacturer, and metal they are made from.
bmisteel

Return to roofing