- tiles and coverings
- gutters and valleys
- insulation and ventilation
- soffit
- ceilings and anything related to ceiling construction and decoration

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL, pattayapope

Roofing cost enquiry

Postby Sunpax » Sun May 01, 2011 9:48 am

Fred, do you remember how much is your roof per m2 for material only ? I'v read on time but don't remember.

And how much will cost a very basic "Thai" panel composite roof for only material .....?
I thinck I read something like 70 baht for one panel or 150 bahts by m2 but I don't know how much is the steel !
Sunpax

Re: Roofing cost enquiry

Postby fredlk » Sun May 01, 2011 10:42 am

Sunpax wrote:do you remember how much is your roof per m2 for material only ?

The Clean Colorbond on its own was 315 Baht per square metre.
The details are at http://www.coolthaihouse.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1698&start=555#p16641.
fredlk

Postby Sunpax » Sun May 01, 2011 1:28 pm

Unfortunately..it's too expensive for me ! but I like it very much...white , light, easy...!

My budget is around 30000 bahts for all material ...for 70 m2 house...so I guess will be 100 m2 roof ( hum I don't know how to calculate the roof surface ;) due to my budget I thinck willl be not flat but no so inclined...

I plan to put an insulate foil direct over the ceiling but with a hole and extractor for the heat. and ceiling tiles not plain ceiling , to let the room breath even its the foil over..or maybe make some more hole in the foil ?
Sunpax

Postby fredlk » Sun May 01, 2011 1:44 pm

Sunpax wrote:Unfortunately..it's too expensive for me ! but I like it very much...white , light, easy...!

If you look at the roofing supply merchant I am sure they have light coloured metal roofing. Mine is expensive because of the Clean Colorbond coating.
The less separate pieces you use, the lower the roof angle can be. Tiled roofs have a higher pitch to stop rain getting in under the tiles.
Sunpax wrote:...so I guess will be 100 m2 roof

That is my guess too.
Sunpax wrote:. and ceiling tiles not plain ceiling , to let the room breath

My builder and architect don't like to use this kind of t-bar ceiling as it is called. They say that the quality of the tiles is not always good enough and tiles break after a while. When the wind blows the tiles lift up. I have that in a bathroom on the top floor of my house now and after a storm I have to get a ladder and put the tiles back. Very irritating.
fredlk

Postby fredlk » Sun May 01, 2011 3:19 pm

This is what you need:
metal_sheet_s.jpg
metal_sheet_s.jpg (2.5 KiB) Viewed 1879 times

At the website แผ่นหลังคาเมทัลชีท.com/Metal_Sheet_En.html this Bangkok company also has this:
dongbu_steel_s.jpg
dongbu_steel_s.jpg (1.78 KiB) Viewed 1879 times

I don't know how cheap or expensive it is.
fredlk

Postby Sunpax » Sun May 01, 2011 3:36 pm

Fred, I have already two small garage roofs made with this kind of metal...but after one year the color is gone away and many place of the surface look bad + not strong..a coco leave has make a very big damagge...

15000 bahts for 9 m2 with the work...(i don't know for only material )
Sunpax

Postby Sunpax » Tue May 10, 2011 3:22 pm

Does anyone know + or - the cost for the metal structure for a roof of 100 m2 ? ( 10 m x 7 m house )

using panel trilon (mahaphant) of 150 x 50 ...about 8 kilo one ...need 1, 7 panels by m2

thanck you :)
Sunpax

Postby Sunpax » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:17 pm

I need help....................
Please I really need to know the prices for cheap roof for one M2.
all include metal and tiles !!!! I CAN'T find any information about the price of roof

Like I say many times I need ONLY price for material.....iron and panels...panels i thinck are between 55 and 100 for the cheaper.

But please i NEED to know the price for the metal beam for the roof , the one come in 6 m long I thinck

reason its because no shop where I live sell it :( I really need to make my budget right now)
before to go with taxi at 150 km away...

Its now many times I ask the same question ...waiting for some concrete answer.......with no result

I really need to know the price by m2 for the cheaper option !

I have read all the pages about roof in search....find no answer...

Ps my roof will be between 110 an 120 m2 ( maybe) have only 70 m2 of house to covered
I will appreciate that somebody take time to answer me...Thanck 's a lot in advance
Sunpax

Postby Roger Ramjet » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:08 pm

Sunpax,
You are asking an impossible question. Look at Max's build and the problems he had. Then consider the location of the steel supply shop and their prices because they differ all over Thailand. We have no idea of the weight of your tiles because you don't even know. Speak to your builder or engineer. Post the plans to your roof so we can at least give you a rough idea.
Roger Ramjet

Postby Sunpax » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:54 pm

My tiles will be Trilon white (no. 602)vom mahaphant : one panel of 50 X 150 cms at 8kg one

110 m2 of roof....and now I thinck I read somewhere from Max that the roof "iron" cost 250 bahts for 6 m long...but i am not sure. I thinck the weight of tiles together will be around 1500 kg for the all roof.

the tiles panel cost 103 bahts for 50 x 150 cms

That's all information that I have......I cannot post the plan of roof because i change it ,the one make by the architect is sooo expensive with c pac monnier and fanzy design

I don't have any architect or ingeninior here...and builder don't speak English...and I doubt he will be able to calculate the price of this when is even not able to know the price of rebar ! i have decide to don't try to understand all the things about him and to take the situation as it come...to preserve my sanity and my nerves... I am satisfied with my team...that them who build my house..they are not perfect and I need to supervise the work but its ok.
This morning by exemple...they have beging to make all the pilar for the second level with 16 mm and i had to stop them and say its 12 mm ! so yes i need to be there every day ...by any way, they will call me for a reason or an other !

i need to precise that they also work on a big project on the beach and built a 4 levels of big appartements...and that is already the second that they build...its really something big and I choice this builder because I fault if he can build so big structure for the second time and for the same compagny its must be not so bad to build my small 2 levels house.

Any help will be much much appreciate..everything cost so much here in this small shop (rebar + 30 % in 2 months )...I don't have home pro or home mart and sure no home works...!....and my budget is in revision every day !

http://www.mahaphant.com/en/our-product ... p?prdid=55
Sunpax

Postby runker » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:02 am

Ps my roof will be between 110 an 120 m2 ( maybe) have only 70 m2 of house to covered
I will appreciate that somebody take time to answer me...Thanck 's a lot in advance

Your roof isn't flat is it? Okay I didn't think so and I can not do the math for you but there are probably web sites out there that allow you to punch in all the roof info and give you the answer.
runker

Postby geordie » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:32 am

Sunpax you are asking for someone to design a roof for you and quantify material ?????
The original drawings should have dimensions with those dimensions (unless you have decided to change the roof size?) you should be able to calculate yourself the amount of materials you need using the calculator attached to the site you put the link for
that will tell you how many ridge covers hip covers tiles ect that you need
calculating the suport steel is a different matter
Max found out by extending the size of his roof he ended up with severe problems having to reinforce the roof with trusses and steel supports
you can with luck buy steel weld it and throw sheets on it without problems but most people like to know that the few ton of material above their heads while sleeping will not be joining them in bed during the night
why not ask for the guy who did the drawings to do an amendment showing the new materials at least then you will have an idea of what is needed
contact the company selling the sheets somone there may be able to calculate for you what is needed
ask for a quote with labour separated you will then know how much for the sheets
Ask the buider to draw a materials list for the roof it is his job anyway the problem is he will look up do a few maths and tell you 150mtrs of x 100mtrs of y and z x 200 this will give him a start on the roof and more will be added till he thinks its strong enough ????
even with a detailed drawing if the builder thinks it need more strength he will add more steel thats how it works
things on paper are not always going to work in real life remember with you roof to allow ventilation for hot air to escape and the correct use of the reflective foil is just underneath the tiles or roof sheets to prevent heat radiated into the loft space laying on a ceiling it will do nothing if you lay anything on the ceiling it should be fiberglass insulation or other blanket material
my comments may be wrong but never deliberately
If it aint broke, dont fix it
geordie

Postby Sunpax » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:31 am

Forget about my roof......I was in need of a very simple answer (to calculate the iron) but it seems that nobody have an idea how to do....

So I will sure find an answer somewhere in my head of how to do........

Thanck's
Sunpax

Postby sezze » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:21 pm

Figure out your roof construction . I mean , what style , angle etc . Once you have that , you can get in the neighbourhood of the price the roof if going to be or even quite correct .
Go to your builder and ask what kind of steel he needs how many etc . If you have a piece of paper with a plan ( and i mean just drawing , not architect plan ) you can even figure it out yourself . The iron is sold in 6m lenghts , vertical round every meter a beam going up and horizontally 1 top beam , 1 ring in the half going round and 1 in the bottom all around the house . Normally there is structural work where all the poles are to carry the roof also ( why else put poles :wink: ) . So you 1st need to figure out how your roof is going to look , then we can give you more info .
sezze

Postby otis-a » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:33 pm

if u can bear with my approximations: here are details what i recall

for main house is about 144sm/floor
roof slabs as used on 90% thai homes recall vividly as the cash fly out my pocket faster than a monkey peals a bananna 60k tb
steel 45k tb /looked at wood it came to abt 60k so settled on steel/
so say were unknowns gives 60+45+39k = 144k tb or very simple 1k tb/sm floor

garage
abt 4x6m or 24sm
steel=tiles so 32k tb so there it worked out as 1+8/24 or 1.3k tb/sm

average these 2 jobs 1.2k tb/sm

u gots 70sm gives 70+14 = 84k tb for u roof

steels includes framing + hangers + bolts washers n nuts

foot notes next post
where to park dog when in town? A barking lot... :-)))
otis-a

Next

Return to roofing