Hi to one & all

A blurb about who you are an your interest in Thai real estate.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Hi to one & all

Postby BangkokButcher » Mon May 16, 2005 4:15 pm

Just a quick note to say Hi.

Fantastic job with the coolthaihouse website, some very valuable pointers on there, most of which I'm sure will prove to be very useful indeed when our building project finally commences way up in a little village just outside of Tha Bo, Nong Khai.

Keep up the good work :)
BangkokButcher

welcome

Postby dozer » Mon May 16, 2005 9:20 pm

Welcome aboard and thanks for the comments. When are you planning on building, how much budget and what style?
dozer
Site Admin

Re: welcome

Postby Guest » Mon May 16, 2005 9:55 pm

dozer wrote:Welcome aboard and thanks for the comments. When are you planning on building, how much budget and what style?

Thanks for the warm welcome dozer :).

We will be going ahead with the building as soon a physically possible, probably within the next 12 months all being well, financially that is ;).

The land has been aquired and the 'upping' of the ground has commenced, i called it upping as i have no idea what else to call it when they turn up with around 3-400 truck loads of sand, mud, rubble or whatever it is :oops: .

We will be looking to give it a least a couple of seasons for the land to settle, and will be working to a budget of around 7-800k baht, with another 3-400k to hopefully pop a swimming pool in if all goes to plan as the nearest public pool is 30-40 km's away in nong khai, so it would sure be nice to be able to take a dip without the journey before hand.

Currently looking at building a 2 story style house, basic thai facilities along with a western kitchen / bathroom, and 4 bedrooms, or maybe just 3.

We still have a lot of thinking to do prior to finalising the plans etc, as you can see it all looks a bit 'loose' at the moment, but that will change in the next couple of months.

I'm just really pleased that I have come accross your site, where I'm sure that a number of the problems & questions that I may encounter along the way will probably have the solution in here :).

Postby BangkokButcher » Mon May 16, 2005 9:59 pm

It was me that posted the above comments by the way, I just forgot to log back in :oops:
BangkokButcher

Return to Introduce Yourself