The new guy

A blurb about who you are an your interest in Thai real estate.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

The new guy

Postby RusThai » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:39 am

Hello, my name is Rusty. I just moved here in feb. My skills and history are of a building and remodeling background. I am living in chonburi. Where can I find good quality tools? I have been to Thai Watsadu and Global. Is there a place that might have a square, or some stain blocking paint? I just do not know where to go or who to aski. Thank you.
RusThai

Re: The new guy

Postby Makmak456 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:52 pm

Welcome to CTH

Look for the TOA signs,while mostly a paint store some have tools.
Makmak456

Postby Roger Ramjet » Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:12 pm

RusThai wrote:Where can I find good quality tools?

That will depend on what you call "good quality" tools. I've had a Maktech drill for years and a Makita drill for about as long, along with other assortments of Japanese electrical machinery. .....The reason for two similar drills.... my builder lost the chuck key to the first one that still works and you can't buy chuck keys separately here. I can't anyway.
I bought a very cheap Japanese electric rebar cutter that was on sale at Thai Watsadu and it is still running strong and have gone through many cutting blades during my build and it just keeps on going.
Stay away from the cheap Chinese stuff that won't last long. I let my builder use them and they are all rubbish and broken.
Don't allow your builder to use your tools unless you want them stolen, lost, damaged or misused. Dewalt is just okay, Stanley is okay, German is okay, but Japanese will outlast all of them and perform better too.
HomePro has a fair selection at good prices but I shop at Thai Watsadu as they have the best selection in my area.
Roger Ramjet

Postby schuimpge » Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:22 pm

Buy my tools at the market.. My neighbor sells tools there.
He will tell me straight away whats a copy and what not.
Whatever I buy there, he repairs as well if needed. Not needed so far.
Asked him about a Maktec and Makita wood saw. He told me, buy the Maktec, original. Any Makita here in the market is copy.
Maktec seems to be made by Makita as a B-grade consumer brand anyway. Funny if true, buy the B-grade to get original or the A-brand copy...lol
schuimpge

Return to Introduce Yourself