Hello All

A blurb about who you are an your interest in Thai real estate.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Hello All

Postby oldmajor » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:16 pm

Hello all. We are based in BKK. My wife has recently purchased some land in Dan Khun Tort, Korat. The plan will be to raise a section of the land during this dry season and then look to build a small but comfortable house and workshop the following year. Although I have renovated several properties, I have never taken on a full build. We are looking forward to it with nervous trepidation. I am sure that I will learn a lot from this forum and enjoy picking up tips and tricks along the way.
oldmajor

Re: Hello All

Postby pattayapope » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:47 pm

Welcome to the forum, there are plenty of good (and bad) building stories and a host of useful information available in the various sections. Best of luck with your building and don't forget to start a story of your build, we all like to see plenty of pictures[*] :D
pattayapope

Re: Hello All

Postby geordie » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:55 pm

Nothing to it really probably easier to build new than renovate given some of the hidden problems you can find during a renovation ?
The problem with a build can be more traumatic and bigger the biggest problem appears to be keeping the builder in line on quality issues and getting him to stay around long enough to finish :(
Welcome to CTH anyway and heres hoping you have an easy build (it has happened ocasionally :wink:) The main thing is visit site daily and nail problem issues down there and then if the builder has to repeat one days work its not too bad but if he is on a fixed price and has to spend a couple of weeks correcting screw ups he is likely to bolt
my comments may be wrong but never deliberately
If it aint broke, dont fix it
geordie

Return to Introduce Yourself