Building a house in Ubon Rachatani or Korat.....

A blurb about who you are an your interest in Thai real estate.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Building a house in Ubon Rachatani or Korat.....

Postby lilaflower » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:10 pm

Hello all member of this site,

My name is Trudy I'm dutch 27 years old and I have been living in Thailand for the last eight years in Pai Mea Hong Son.

At this moment I'm in the Netherlands but I'm having plans to be returning to Thailand this year.

My Thai partner and I would like to build a house or even a farmhouse, house with farm however I have to call it :) in Ubon Rachatani or Korat
I have been checking out prices for land and that is between 80,000 and 100,000 Baht, possibility that the prices are higher now because of the Rubber & Cassave farms.

What I would like to know is how much money should I need to build a decent house in Thailand. We are not looking for anything fancy. It depends on the cost how luxury we would like to build the house. I'm thinking of a two or three bedroom house from concrete. We would like to have space in the house, but we don't need a kitchen build in and all the kind of stuff, which can be pretty expensive reading different kind of forums on the internet.
I do prefer a nice bathroom, but I don't mind if the bathroom building is outside the house.

I'm an easy 'farang' now after living so many years in Thailand so i'm not looking for a villa or really western style big house/villa.
We are not having that much money but I would like to make 'my base' my home in Thailand between now and two years.
I like the Thai Style house from wood but I suppuse these houses are way more expensive to build then a conrete one.

If anyone could give some advice or a price indication I really would appreciate that :)

Trudy
lilaflower

Re: Building a house in Ubon Rachatani or Korat.....

Postby sirineou » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:39 pm

Hi Trudy
Welcome to the Forum, as you said the price would depend on the quality of finish, and your ability to manage the build.
From your OP I, think you want to build a basic Thai home. with that in mind, I have seen very nice Thai homes build in my village in Khon Kaen for about 500,000 bht excluding the land.
I was reading a thread in an other Forum , about affordable housing in Thailand, I am not sure if I can post a link to it, but this an example of a home that the post claimed was recently build for 400,000 bhtImage
I talk to my self because I am the only one who will listen
sirineou

Return to Introduce Yourself