Future Build in Korat

A blurb about who you are an your interest in Thai real estate.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Re: Future Build in Korat

Postby ducati05 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:11 pm

geordie wrote:Hang on the builder screwed up with the pitch and took remedial action at his cost ??? is this house in Thailand :? :?

You can expect some pm,s for his number :lol:

Great looking place look forward to some more pictures i love the sandstone plinth its down as a must have next time around

Thanks geodie, decided to raise the house 500mm after signing the contract because of the rain and flooding they had here, no problem around here but who knows in 5 to 10 yrs with the way they are filling the rice fields. Total cost was 50k or 55k for the raise and cheap insurance and piece of mind.

Looked odd without the sandstone cladding but once that was put on it looks more in proportion.
ducati05

Postby geordie » Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:40 pm

No doubt about it the stuff looks a treat and give the place a finished to good quality look but the inside reflects the same quality of finish anyway The really impressive bit is the builder putting right a screw up at his cost I think you have created a first :shock:
Looks gorgeous all round really and obviously a lot of thought even to a duct around the house for extras ??
my comments may be wrong but never deliberately
If it aint broke, dont fix it
geordie

Postby Tommy » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:01 pm

Hello there to all.

Stumbled onto this site while i was searching for information on construction costing in Korat.

Would be glad to be friends with all of you in this forum.

BUT...i think its better clarify right off that im not planning for a home / villa like what everyone in here is doing. im still a relatively young guy (early 30's, thai wife + 2yr old girl) with a sob story behind me back at home country and thus looking to stay in thailand for good.

Off hand now, Im looking at a piece of land 5rai in size thats along route 2335. looking to build a 2 storey building that can act as home and office with a weighing station in front for trading in commodities. as such, will be glad to have any form of advice / suggestions from all.

by the way, anyone here met gadgetman before? was in pak thong chai the other day and drove past a shop "PJ SAUNA" thats before I stumbled upon this forum. tried to gave him a call on the mobile number he posted in his thread but its unregistered.
Tommy

Postby thrilled » Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:50 pm

ducati05 wrote:Thanks guys, all my own choices as my wife is very easy and left the final choice up to me so if any of it doesn't work
or look right I'm too blame.. but the 6 yr old had free rain in her bathroom and bedroom thou as you can see she is %100 Thai... :shock: :lol:

Hi.Did everything go ok on your house?I will be in Korat this September 2014. I would like to get with you if possible,find out contractor you used and anything that you can tell me.Dave
thrilled

Previous

Return to Introduce Yourself