New house build. planning question?

separate topics on:- measurement, puchasing, registration - Land filling, compacting and levelling - drainage and
anything else related to raw land!

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

New house build. planning question?

Postby thaitod » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:11 pm

HI All,
I am about to start building a house in Chaiyaphum, my wife owns the land and the local Gov. Dept. have marked it out. My Question is I want to plan the house myself, but in order to get the Gov. Dept. to pass it I need Proper plans, my wife said I can just print one of the pre approved plans of the net, get it approved and stamped and then go ahead and build my own plan. This idea I dont like as I would think that if I did so, when finished they would come along inspect it and demand more money! Has anyone here come across any thing like this before? Should I get an architect to draw up my plans?
Any advice on where to start I would be most greatful,
Thanks,
ThaiTod.
thaitod

Re: New house build. planning question?

Postby Klondyke » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:50 pm

You can surely draw the plans by yourself. Then, you will find somebody who will stamp it for you (for a small obolus that your wife will negotiate with him). Or he will redraw the layout that is to be shown to the authorized office. The best man you will find at the very same office.
Then, no problem with an approval.
Klondyke

Return to land