Surveying land

separate topics on:- measurement, puchasing, registration - Land filling, compacting and levelling - drainage and
anything else related to raw land!

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Re: Surveying land

Postby MGV12 » Tue May 06, 2014 3:42 pm

vanda wrote:Thankfully we're having a surveyor come out to measure up the land, something i've been trying to get the missus to do for a while, and was all brought about from the evil Aunty next door trying to steal our land. It will cost 2800 b which is divided between the missus and the evil Aunty, so 1400 b each. The Aunty wanted it done straight away and was told by the surveyor to pay up or shut up, was told to pay an extra 10,000 b and he'd come out the next day, but that was to only be paid by her... she shut up :-)

Result! Corrupt but maybe unbiased ... there's always a maybe in LOS :roll:

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Postby Shastadad » Wed May 07, 2014 7:51 am

The 10,000 THB seems to be the standard Land Office Survey queue jumping fee
Shastadad

Postby Destruction Del » Wed May 07, 2014 11:49 am

If the land owner wants to sell then you SHOULD NOT put up the money.
As you say it's almost paid off she will easly be able to borrow the money to get the title back to split the chanote. When we bought that is what the owner did (twice).

Agreed,
Talking to the Mrs last night I said "Do you honestly think she won't be able to get a quick 1/2 Mill loan on a car or house even if it's from a pawn broker knowing she'll get 6 Mill within a week of splitting and signing over the Chanote?"
If she can't even do that I don't want to do business with her... Like I said, The more time I have the closer I'll get to saving the 6 Million which'll save me having to borrow the remainder from elsewhere.

explained to the land owner that I did trust her as I wouldn't be buying part of her field if I didn't BUT would not give any money without a chanote as I was a Falang was accepted by all.
That'll do for me...

If you want something that carries weight then get the village headman and local elders involved using a preprinted contract, it will be cheaper and more effective than an unknown lawyers contract.
Ha! Her uncle is the Poo Yai Ban! Sorted :)

No lawyers are needed for the deal just you, her, the chanote and the land office with those you have the land, no problem, no lawyer. You will also agree to pay her, her price and declare a much lower price in the land office to reduce the tax to pay.
Yep, know all about that, The Ex-wife walked away with the 2 Rai in Phuket, I was thinking/hoping the bank will snatch it... At that time I was green about divorce... But that's a different story LoL

You will also need to agree who pays the tax and land office fee.
We'll cross that bridge when we come close to it... See what the situation is on the loan at the time.

Thank you for your input
Destruction Del

Postby Andyfteeze » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:03 pm

We are in a similar position. Bank mortgage on land. The owner paid for survey as we said we weren't interested if the survey pegs were not there. Three were missing. After this, the surveyer went around to the owners of adjoining properties to get autographs. Local head turned up as well. Lucky for us the surveyer is our neighbour!
We settle on thursday. Nutting out in our minds how we approach the actual transfer. Transfer money in bank or titles office? Bank obviously wants its money before releasing the title then we want our names on it asap.
Andyfteeze

Postby Roger Ramjet » Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:15 pm

Andyfteeze wrote:We settle on thursday. Nutting out in our minds how we approach the actual transfer. Transfer money in bank or titles office? Bank obviously wants its money before releasing the title then we want our names on it asap.

When you settle at the land office the bank will be there. There's normally an area set aside where the banks and the sellers and buyers go through all the paperwork and sign everything and pay outstanding monies owed. If you are paying cash make sure you get the current "owners" to pay the transfer into your name. It takes a few hours to go through the whole process and they may want you to sign the back of the documents involved. Don't forget to take along copies of passport, etc etc etc.
Roger Ramjet

Previous

Return to land