Land fill in Huay Thalaeng, Nakhon Ratchasima

separate topics on:- measurement, puchasing, registration - Land filling, compacting and levelling - drainage and
anything else related to raw land!

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Land fill in Huay Thalaeng, Nakhon Ratchasima

Postby Vince_c » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:39 pm

Hi builders,

sharing our experience filling land up to about 50cm above street (and neighbours) level.

Price: 450THB per truckload. 120 truckloads for the 1.5 rai. soil was from unspoiled land that will be turned into rice fields by leveling. a nice piece of nature destroyed in order for us to have the land elevated a few kilometers furhter.
Daily cost of the roller: 8000THB
I asked to roll the initial plot first (after filling craters here and there left by the previous owner), then roll it every 20cm. Rolling significantly increased the amounts of trucks estimated, but then again, i preferred to do it properly rather than let the soil sink in naturally and hope for the best. The whole town except the Farang were wondering why we put so much effort doing this.
Upon completion, it started to rain. Really, really heavy for 2 days, so the soil would definitely have sunk in well. A week later, trucks and roller came for the final finishing.

Funny enough, the contractor offers a price per truck or a 'global price'. still, he does not do any measurements or proper estimations. i went for the price per truck and just undercut his estimated price (maybe he is a genius after all).

wanted to cover the plot with grass, but then could not find any seeds. nature will do its job. unfortunately
Attachments
IMG_1979eindresultaat.jpg
this is how it looks
IMG_1985niveauverschil.jpg
IMG_1677.jpg
roller
IMG_1673.jpg
IMG_1714.jpg
leveling by tractor
IMG_1709.jpg
IMG_1702.jpg
the quarry where the filling soil came from