We're new. Information on Hua Hin

Ang Thon, Ayutthaya, Chai Nat, Kanchanaburi, Lop Buri, Nakhon Nayok, Nakhon Pathom, Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani, Phetchaburi, Prachuap Khiri Khan (Hua Hin and Cha-am), Ratchaburi, Samut Prakan, Samut Sakhon, Samut Songkhram, Saraburi, Sing Buri, Suphan Buri

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

We're new. Information on Hua Hin

Postby Ron in Vancouver » Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:35 am

We live in Vancouver BC and we are thinking of Hua Hin as a winter or permanent residence., We would be grateful for any information about this new area........ what it is like....recommendations..........discuss the building going on there..........prices, recommended locations to reside there.

Ron and Ben
Ron in Vancouver

Postby Nawty » Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:46 pm

Why would you choose to live/move somewhere you have ever visited...I presume you have never been there with asking a question 'what is it like'

I do not like Hua Hin...I like Cha am a little better, but it is not a 'new' place, it is a thai seaside town, overcrowded in my opinion and just not beautiful at all.

There seems to be a lot of develoment going on there, many new development sites and a lot are farang started. I know of a swedish company that is doing something like 100 houses there.

They have never built before, mum was an architect back in sweden and the 2 sons decided to get into it up to their neck.

A friend of mine from Oz, an experienced builder and project manager went down there to inspect it for a job and he pointed out many problems with design and construction that they had no idea about.

Anyway, my suggestion....come over, hire a car for a winter and drive all around the place and find somewhere special that you really like, then settle. It is cheap to hire a car for long term rentals and hotels/bungalows all over the place are cheap, you will have a ball exploring.

Mind you, that could be a silly suggestion if you are in your 80's and blind and cannot remember where you parked the car for example.

Return to Central Region (including Cha-am and Hua Hin)