Phu Khieo Experience

Any story related to building in the LOS, whether everything turned out hunky dory or not!

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, fredlk

Phu Khieo Experience

Postby dannywla » Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:51 am

I being a US citizen, wanted to buy in Khon Kaen, where I would have some resale value. My wife insisted in a home, not a condo in Hua Hin, Bangkok, but next to her mom's.

I agreed, but in doing so we drove thru her town, looking for the best home and came to find our builder thru that referral. He lives in Chumpae, and I have been very happy with him. He is running about ten days late, and I am entitled to 500 baht a day, but since he has not charged me for each change or modification, I told my wife, to tell him, he will be paid in full.

After clearing the land, and add 125 loads of sod(dirt) the builder started construction, at a agreed upon sum of 1,280,000 baht. He could not complete the project on time, because I believe he did not have the working capital. So I advanced him part of the final payment, so he could get it done in a few weeks.

I like the fact that my home does not have any neighbors and the permitter wall (2 meters) around should give us the amenities of having a home vs. condo and a home not in a subdivision, which means the back wall is just a few meters from your neighbors back wall.

I am looking forward to the housewarming party, June 25th, Any of coolthaihouse.com readers are invited, I will be happy to forward you my contact info.

Regards,

Danny
Santa Monica, California, USA
dannywla

Postby dozer » Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:08 pm

Thanks for the invite to all the cool thai house readers. If it wasn't such a horrendous drive I might take you up on it.

It may have worked out well in this case, but I caution everyone to be careful about making foward payments ahead of terms.
dozer
Site Admin

Return to Your Building Story