my bungalow 82.75sqm build in num yun, ubon.

Any story related to building in the LOS, whether everything turned out hunky dory or not!

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, fredlk

my bungalow 82.75sqm build in num yun, ubon.

Postby gymboy34 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:23 am

hi all,
gonna build a 82.75sqm bungalow on a 18 * 33 metre land in my gf village.
Already agreed a 230k labour only with the builder, and i buy the materials myself.
paid 3k for the plans from his usual architect who works at the local council.
Gonna build it in stages with maybe gaps in between, depending on how much cash i can earn.
stage one is up to and including the roof.
30k up front for the labour and have already paid 155k for the roof materials and metal (rebar)
and am gonna pay about another 25k for the sand, stone and cement.
and have to pay another 70k when they finish and before they start the next stage.
theres already workers on site marking the plot out and digging the footings.
And plan to actually starting "building" on the 16th which is our "lucky" day.lol
I reckon it will cost ab out 450-500k for materials so about 700-750k all in.(just for the house)
So i've already spent about 200k so jsut got to find another half a mill to finish the job, hopefully bye about june/july nex year. :D
am presently living about 50km away from build, so will prob visit 2 or 3 time a week.
gymboy
ps. have gt photos but aint gt my head round upload attachments getting message
The file is too big, maximum allowed size is 256 KiB.
gymboy34

Re: my bungalow 82.75sqm build in num yun, ubon.

Postby pattayapope » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:48 pm

gymboy34 wrote:The file is too big, maximum allowed size is 256 KiB.

You need to open the picture in paint or another picture editor and reduce the size so the file is smaller the you can upload or you can take the picture with the camera set to smaller file size if you don't have the software.

Best of luck with the build
pattayapope

Postby elgato » Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:46 am

Any luck resizing the pics?
I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.
elgato

Postby Mike Judd » Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:08 am

I shudder when I read these build stories where they are not even on site when the actual building is going on.You wouldn't do that in the U.K. or Oz where you usually have detailed legal contracts to fall back on. But in Thailand ? no way. Some-one has to be there who you can trust to see that the work is being done properly each step of the way. I mean some-one who is going to look after Your interests, not the builder's . He has his agenda, and that's usually to make as much money with as little effort as possible. T.I.T. Mike in Sydney.
Mike Judd

Return to Your Building Story