5 year Building plan in Huay Yai Chonburi

Any story related to building in the LOS, whether everything turned out hunky dory or not!

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, fredlk

Re: 5 year Building plan in Huay Yai Chonburi

Postby pattayapope » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:04 pm

I was up in Bangkok picking up "Jack" on Saturday, on the way back my gardner handyman called to say there had been a bad storm with strog winds and hail stones and many tress were broken or blown over and the roof had been damaged by a falling tree trunk. Anyway when we got back and surveyed the damaged there was several tiles broken on the guest house bungalow and 50% ot the trees were laying on their sides. Nothing much could be done that day so I cracked a can and planned Sundays work[*] :roll:

Lucky my gardener handyman can do just about anything to do with building so we went off to buy materials on Sunday morning and by lunch time the roof was almost fixed, the rest of the day was spent cleaning up and putting the trees up right again ( I supervised this from the patio of course [*] :lol: . I took a drive around the area and there were many trees down and one coconut tree smashed thru a house under construction and demolished half of the roof steel and part of a wall.

Storm damage 01.jpg

Storm damage 02.jpg

Jack.jpg
Jack the Beagle pup when I get his new brother I think I will call him Daniel
pattayapope

Postby pattayapope » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:06 pm

Just an update I recently got the last of the furniture for the house, the previous cabinet maker seems to be out of business at the moment so I had to take a chance with another to make the additional units for the lounge so they match the bar and counter. He assured me his work is 1st class and can make the units to match the style and color of the bar and counter unit[*] :roll: . I gave him the go ahead to make two side boards, one small cabinet and a TV stand, three of the units for the main lounge and one for the TV lounge (sideboard). He took pictures and made a simple sketch and said he understood all my requirements and to match the color he took a drawer from units in each room.

Five weeks later the units turned up and the drawers are completely different to the ones on the existing units and one the side boards was supposed to have two dividers so I can store three rows of music CD’s in them but only had one in the middle. He said if he made the drawers to suit it would not look right as the end cupboards would not look right as they would be very narrow. When I asked why he did not call or email me I got this distant look and a humble apology.

I decided to get a second unit built to what I originally asked for and I could use this in another part of the room. The unit in the other room cannot be fixed without being rebuilt and I don’t have any other place I could use it so for now it will stay until it annoys me enough and I get a new unit built and it is disposed of.[*] :lol:

If anyone is interested the side boards are 23,400 Baht each and the small units are 9,600 baht.

sideboard 1.jpg
The second sideboard built to my specifications

Sideboard 2.jpg
The original sideboard in it's new location
pattayapope

Postby gliffaes » Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:18 am

I see you have had RRr's interior decorator in then???
gliffaes

Postby pattayapope » Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:22 am

Special textured paint, maybe I will post a picture of the other room which is orange texture, most of the other rooms are pastel colors.[*] :lol:
pattayapope

Postby gliffaes » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:15 pm

pattayapope wrote:Special textured paint, maybe I will post a picture of the other room which is orange texture, most of the other rooms are pastel colors.[*] :lol:

I used to do that in the Uk in "nice" colours, used to charge a fortune for it too!!
gliffaes

Postby MGV12 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:55 am

pattayapope wrote:Special textured paint, maybe I will post a picture of the other room which is orange texture, most of the other rooms are pastel colors.[*] :lol:

Which brand/type is that PP?

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Postby pattayapope » Fri May 10, 2013 10:36 am

MGV12 wrote:Which brand/type is that PP?

MGV12 sorry I was going to check and get back to you but never found the details of the paint.

Current work is trying to fix the banks of the pond, one area that sticks out has been getting undercut so I have my handyman making a stone retaining wall, it will be sloped about 45 degrees and is only about one meter high so with a bit of luck it might hold when the pond fills again. Anyway I will post a few pictures as it progesses over the next couple of weeks, the other areas have not erroded as much but I am still thinking about putting some stones on them to make it look a little better when the water level gos down.

photo 01.JPG

photo 02.JPG
pattayapope

Postby pattayapope » Tue May 14, 2013 3:30 pm

Some progress since last post, against my better judgement I hired the TGF brother as labour to help move the rocks and sand ect, he lasted a couple of days before I ran him off. He thought he could sweep all the small rock chips off the trailer onto my garden lawn, did not think it was a problem and could be cleaned up later. I explained to the TGF that there should be no need to clean it up later if he had not done it in the first place and when I explained about the small chips getting propelled thru the air when the gardner is using the strimmer well that got lost in translation so she is not talking to me at the moment[*] :lol:

photo 03.JPG

photo 04.JPG
pattayapope

Postby pattayapope » Fri May 24, 2013 10:36 am

Update the area with the bamboo is just about finised and he is working his way around the other sides, should speed up now that the fancy wall and steps are finished[*] :roll:

photo 05.JPG

photo 06.JPG
pattayapope

Postby olavhome » Fri May 24, 2013 10:49 am

Pond and aerea looks really nice. It is a natural pond or did you make it yourself? Also, have you done anything to prevent water leak trough the bottom ?
olavhome

Postby pattayapope » Fri May 24, 2013 12:55 pm

olavhome wrote:It is a natural pond or did you make it yourself? Also, have you done anything to prevent water leak trough the bottom ?

The pond was dug out when I did the initial land clearing, there are several similar ponds in the neighbourhood which rely on ground water, the present level is the lowest it has gone, last year it was not as low but other years it goe's down to the same level. I did not seal the bottom with anything althought there are some methods using plastic sheeting or drilling mud.

It is basicly for containing rain water and the house gutters run into this and there is an overflow to the outside road once it reaches about 6 inches from the top. Most of the year it is about one foot below the overflow pipe, I have seen it go up 6 inches after a good thunderstorm and at some point this year I expect the garden to flood for several hours at least once or twice[*] :lol:
pattayapope

Postby rolyth » Fri May 24, 2013 1:38 pm

just view your gallery..
really impressive!
may i know how much is the total cost? :roll:
rolyth

Postby fredlk » Fri May 24, 2013 1:43 pm

rolyth wrote:may i know how much is the total cost?

I think that's a rude question. Just think Lots And Lots of money.
fredlk

Postby rolyth » Fri May 24, 2013 4:57 pm

fredlk wrote:
rolyth wrote:may i know how much is the total cost?

I think that's a rude question. Just think Lots And Lots of money.

i guess so..

really beautiful landscape.. :wink:
rolyth

Postby pattayapope » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:05 pm

Another update, hope to get it completed before the pond level gets back to normal[*] :roll:

photo 07.JPG

photo 08.JPG
pattayapope

PreviousNext

Return to Your Building Story