price for wood frames ...

Information about windows and doors.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

price for wood frames ...

Postby Sunpax » Sun May 22, 2011 8:44 pm

Due to my budget...I am looking for the price of pre made wood frame and also Wood windows ?
from the first quality to the best one ...or is it better to buy the wood and let it make by
carpenter ?
Sunpax

Re: price for wood frames ...

Postby sezze » Mon May 23, 2011 1:37 am

Difficult question . Easiest is going to a Globalhouse or similar and buy them there . They are not made to order ( as far as i know of ) . Quality is not much special , and i've bought them for indoors and 1 window for in the bathroom . As far as i've seen and noticed , the wood is rather soft and i would not use them outdoors ( they do have frontdoors also , but i do not know about them) .
For the rest you need to look around in your area and visit them . There are probably more then a few woodshops around and also a few window door shops . Asking at them , they say what they can or cannot deliver and you can see the quality they have from what is inside the shop itself ( carpenter or not) . The price is largely dependend on the wood used and not really on the work they have to put in to it . The best i've seen , but that is personal opinion , was mai doo ( or pradoo ) windows and doors , with a extremely nice grain , and a warranty that they not bend or warp . The price heard was close to teak ( i think it was 3500 baht for a made to order 100 by 200 door , without frame ) . When my doors or windows give up in hopefully many years , i would without a doubt take them . As for price / quality , i went for mai nua keng , which is a bit doubtfull on the type of wood it really is ( translated as hardwood ) and i think came in at 1500 per 100by 200 size ( look at viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2267 for the look on them , outside doors only ) .
From what i've read somewhere and the pics i've seen etc ... i think it is hopea odorata .
sezze

Re: price for wood frames ...

Postby Sunpax » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:04 pm

I'd like to know the price of the glass for the wood's window ?

We buy that in m2 ? for how much ...simple quality..

thanck's
Sunpax

Return to windows and doors