Disaster or Not

Floods, droughts, tsunami's and other natural disasters affecting coolthaihouse.members.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL, pattayapope

Re: Disaster or Not

Postby Roger Ramjet » Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:37 pm

MGV12 wrote:I bet DeepMind would not have printed the exact same paragraph twice

:lol:
And I bet DeepMind isn't celebrating with a bottle of champagne, therefore it has no feelings and no intelligence.... it just sits and whirs. I bet it's not even pissed it lost game 4 to a human. Reality is very important here. It's a machine invented by man.
Roger Ramjet

Postby BKKBILL » Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:45 pm

Roger Ramjet wrote:
MGV12 wrote:I bet DeepMind would not have printed the exact same paragraph twice

And I bet DeepMind isn't celebrating with a bottle of champagne, therefore it has no feelings and no intelligence.... it just sits and whirs. I bet it's not even pissed it lost game 4 to a human. Reality is very important here. It's a machine invented by man.

Thing is as I understand it DeepMind learns and gets better each and every time. When machines learn to communicate with each other better that will be the time to start getting concerned.
It's not who you know, it's whom you know.
BKKBILL

Postby MGV12 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:00 pm

BKKBILL wrote:
Roger Ramjet wrote:

Thing is as I understand it DeepMind learns and gets better each and every time. When machines learn to communicate with each other better that will be the time to start getting concerned.

Robots have been communicating with each other ... better than many humans do ... for some time now. What plots could they be hatching?

“Some days I am an optimistic pessimist ... other days I am a pessimistic optimist”
MGV12

Postby Roger Ramjet » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:27 pm

MGV12 wrote:Robots have been communicating with each other ... better than many humans do ... for some time now. What plots could they be hatching?

Me, I agree with MGV12. Are you saying Bill, that cars talk to each other? You know, like a Ferrari looking at say a Fiat 500 and saying to the Porch parked next to it. "You wait until the human has to go and do his TV show, I'm going to have a bit of that gal's crank" .........is that what you're saying?
Or are you saying things like CCTV, in say, central London, see a boy they don't like, so they organise a crime and then conspire to implicate "that damned boy with the skateboard did it".
Or a DNA matching machine looking through it's database and saying to itself "I'm going to get me a nigger this week, because old boy electric chair asked me to up his amps, which I think is sweet".
And I'm sure my Safe-T-Cut boards talk to my air conditioners and say "That crotchety old bastard Roger talked with his lovely wife and complained about how little juice you use. We're going to f**k with his mind this month and talk to Charlotte the wand who reads his electricity bill and get her to fudge the figures, just for a laugh".
But it would explain why the Honey Badger doesn't like Renault F1 engines and their computer system and I can hear him now talking to Christian Horner on the microphone saying "This Renault engine is a piece of s**t. I have it on full boost but the damned thing keeps telling me I'm hurting her and she keeps turning it back to half".
They're bloody machines designed to do different things. You don't hear your PC saying to you iMac "You're one stuck-up bitch" even though both have speech built in.
Come on Bill you can do better than that. You've been watching The Terminator again haven't you. Relax, have a beer, sit in the sun and water the flowers that do talk to each other. :lol: :lol:
Roger Ramjet

Postby BKKBILL » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:58 am

Can still remember the days of no AI seems like yesterday. :mrgreen:

Roger Ramjet wrote:Come on Bill you can do better than that. You've been watching The Terminator again haven't you. Relax, have a beer, sit in the sun and water the flowers that do talk to each other. :lol: :lol:

No can do RR. Currently alcohol free, sun is too hot, flowers talking to each other has nothing to do with AI they just do what they do .... sigh.

Now this I like. :mrgreen:

Roger Ramjet wrote: That crotchety old bastard Roger talked with his lovely wife and complained about how little juice you use.
It's not who you know, it's whom you know.
BKKBILL

Previous

Return to disasters