Natural swimming pool

Any thing to do with swimming pools, fish ponds, or other man made structures which hold water (but not wells for drinking water).

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL, pattayapope

Natural swimming pool

Postby pattayapope » Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:27 am

Anyone out there built a natural swimming pool, a friend has plans to convert his pond into a swimming pool and use plants to digest the bacteria ect. Below is a picture of one of the type of thing I am talking about, you can Google and find lots of examples of different design and some look really nice.

natural-pool-02.jpg
pattayapope

Re: Natural swimming pool

Postby Nawty » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:54 pm

Thought there was a thread on this already...maybe not.

Anyway, it seems that this kind of thing in the tropics is difficult for many reasons....I do know someone up Chiang Rai way that is doing it, but not completed yet.
conwood is not real wood.....break it down 'con' to deceive...'wood'
Nawty

Postby Maseratimartin » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:52 am

I asked a little bit around as I also wanted to have a fish pond ...or call it natural swimming pool.
It is just great when you wake up early and lay down near the pond to watch all the life around.
Back in Europe it was always big fun during barbeque party when I asked who wants fish....minutes later I had the desired fish on my fishing rod and not long after on the fire....

But back to the subject:
Overall it looks like that it is a matter of size and depth of the pond....actually we talk about a smal lake rather than a pond.
The size must be much bigger than a pool.
The depth must be at least 3-4m to keep the temperature down....further trees to produce shadow.

One big point....mosquitos....you will provide a perfect breeding place for them.

Next issue...snakes can hide properly around the pond....and I'm not talking about the snakes with two legs....this one is in the house.... :wink:

The water will not be clear like in a pool....but it is also not in the sea around Thailand...

For me it will be the pool close to the house and a fish pond what is in the same time a water reservoir on the farm.
Maseratimartin

Postby dozer » Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:18 pm

The other Natural swimming pool thread is here.

http://www.coolthaihouse.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1277&start=0
dozer
Site Admin

Return to swimming pool