Cost of this house?

Anything to do with prices. Raw material prices or prices for finished material (or labor such as well drilling). Project prices (how much will it cost??), etc.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Postby thaifly » Sat May 24, 2008 12:49 pm

Auggie wrote:
chiangmaiexpat wrote:It looks like the plan has to be modified significantly for Thailand. It's not only the mansard rooms, but what are you going to do with a hearth room in Thailand? A closed garage?

Regarding the cost: the plan specification is 314 sqm. I think this figure is misleading for a cost estimation, as it probably refers to indoor living space minus walls. The footprint of the house is 30.2 m x 14.6 m which comes up to 440 sqm for the first floor plus roughly 150 sqm for the second floor = 590 sqm. If you calculate 10k/sqm for standard materials, this would already be 5.9 mil.

Cheers, CMX

I would modify the design to place a bedroom where the hearth room is, and a bed room where the breakfast room is. And make it a single story. Possibly have only one bay as a closed garage, and the other two open. I would also like to see a pool out the back and a deck.

So if I only do one level, with your estimates at 10K/sqm, that puts me just over 4M. But I do not know if 10K is realistic or not.

A friend of mine who has built many houses in the west and also in Thailand did not have many good things to say about it. He thinks it is a great design, but layed out some of the costs and problems to build such a house here. Still, going to poke around a bit more to see if it has any chance at all.

Cheers
gidday auggie....its the thaifly from mae rim....relating...to 10.k sq meter..as a realistic figure...that price was a very good yard stick...to use prior to ...2008.... as recent postings suggest on the forum...refering to materials increases...in 2008....you can whack another 20%on this which will bring it to 12.k...a sq meter...we have been building our project close to 3 yrs now....and we are on our third builder to boot for one reason or another...so i feel with the monitering the prices over that period 12 k is a good shout for me....to give u another example we have just recently completed our SALA AT 7500 BAHT A SQ METER...a sala mind u ......so auggie take a tip...10k is not a realistic figure unles u want to take the SHORT CUTS..its a healthy gidday to all its the thai fly from mae rim
thaifly

Previous

Return to material prices & building costs