puzzled

Any ideas for a new thread? Put them here.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

puzzled

Postby robint » Sat May 21, 2005 5:24 am

hi dozer

i dont know where to put this feedback

so here goes

i dont seem to have to log on here to post a reply as in the clunky blog section - im not complaining mind just pointing out the inconsistency

the other problem is that we now have 2 areas competing for the same patch. the forum is ok for interactive quick chats about matters, but i believe your readers should be encourage to Blog their gold nuggets toherwise valuable info will get lost in the mists of time

strange realtor site you started, have you had any threatening messages yet :) from the Pappaya mafia
robint

idea behind the blog

Postby dozer » Sat May 21, 2005 8:35 pm

Yeah, I realize there does seem to be some overlap between the blog and the forum. Here is the idea as of the current moment. All users would post anything related to there building experience at the forum. The exception would be where there are some photos, which I may include in the blog. The blog will be primarily stuff I'm working on interspersed with interesting input/photos I get as time permits. I found that with just the blog, I couldn't possibly have time to keep it up to date with all of the interesting stories coming in.

The logons on the blog and forum are totally distinct entities. Unfortunately this is the way it works on other systems I seen also. TV has done a nice job integrating things, but unfortunately unless there was some money being made by me on this site it won't happen here. The reason for now guest access is allowed on the forum and not on the blog is that on the blog the 'spammers' can get in, on the forum so far it hasn't been a problem. I will restrict access to registered users in the future on the forum if need be.

Not sure what you mean by the last point you make. I think for the most part people are participating in a non-commercial way, am I wrong?
dozer
Site Admin

commenting a blog

Postby Attila » Sun May 22, 2005 12:02 am

Robin, do you mean you could not post a comment to a blog?

If yes, then I can confirm that. I tried to comment a blog, but it asked me to log in. I do not see a log in button there though, and I should be logged in anyway already.

Regards,
Attila
Attila

logon

Postby dozer » Sun May 22, 2005 7:36 am

I changed a few things. 1.) I moved the logon box on the blog up to the upper left hand corner. This should make it easier to spot. Use this box to either logon, logoff or register.
2.) Added text to the comment screen that you must be a logged on registered user.
one additional note; always use the logon 'box' to logon, register or logoff. i've seen when sometimes it will prompt you to register even though you already have a logon. Just press it to 'register' and at the bottom of the register box there will be a logon box.
3.) There is also a logon help post with a link to it in the upper announcement box and also a 'help' link in the logon area.

cheers.
dozer
Site Admin

Re: help..

Postby cruzing » Tue Dec 27, 2005 10:41 am

deleted.

thanks to teletiger cluing me in on this one. I had never heard or seen this kind of thing happening before. Guess I've been out of the loop too long and don't spend a lot of time online now.

Cruzing
cruzing

Return to suggestions for new threads