Department of Justice Land Auction

separate topics on:- measurement, puchasing, registration - Land filling, compacting and levelling - drainage and
anything else related to raw land!

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Department of Justice Land Auction

Postby schuimpge » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:57 pm

Going to have a look at land around Petchaburi.
Wife's sister works for justice department, and she gave me the website listing all land (and other types of properties) that are going up for auction.
Must say, it's pretty amazing stuff when you use it.

First do a search for type of property in a province and district of your choice.
Just click on any listing you like, pop-up window appears with title deed and a button to click and get to a separate map-window. (pretty much the same as google maps).
Fill in the province, district and title-deed number at the top of the page and it zooms in to the right place with a marker placed on the land and a pop-up with all info for the land.
There's coordinates you can click which brings you to google maps and straight away you can use street-view to get a general idea of the area/property.
(it's sometimes slow, so if you get a spinning ball and error message searching on the map, just try again or wait a few minutes.).

Now, question is, has anyone ever had any experience with these auctions?
Any tips, feedback, info is sure appreciated.
Will of course ask my sister-in-law lots of questions tomorrow.

Cheers,
Luc

fullsizeoutput_10ce.jpeg
example of a plot for auction..red lines are property borders.
schuimpge

Re: Department of Justice Land Auction

Postby schuimpge » Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:01 pm

Oh..of course there might be people asking for a link to check it out themselves...

http://asset.led.go.th/newbid/asset_search_map.asp

Click on the map in the area you interested in.

It's all in Thai, but with a translator switched on, it works perfect, including any pulldown menu.

Cheers,
Luc
schuimpge

Postby pipoz » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:07 pm

schuimpge wrote:Oh..of course there might be people asking for a link to check it out themselves...

http://asset.led.go.th/newbid/asset_search_map.asp

Click on the map in the area you interested in.

It's all in Thai, but with a translator switched on, it works perfect, including any pulldown menu.

Cheers,
Luc

Do you know if this is unique to Petchaburi or do they do the same for land closer to Udon Thani

Pity the Link didn't have an English version

Regards

pipoz4444
pipoz

Postby schuimpge » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:26 pm

Click the link and you see a Thailand shape with 4 regions
Use a real time translator (like the one built into Chrome for example).

It’s nationwide so Udon definitely is in there.

Cheers,
Luc
schuimpge

Postby pipoz » Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:17 am

schuimpge wrote:Click the link and you see a Thailand shape with 4 regions
Use a real time translator (like the one built into Chrome for example).

It’s nationwide so Udon definitely is in there.

Cheers,
Luc

Thanks Luc
pipoz

Postby mikenot » Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:35 am

@Pipoz As Luc said, click on the Issaan region on the map, then on Udon Thani on the next map. This will give you all the listings for the province, 750 or so ! Or if using a translator such as in Chrome you can filter by district, type of property and price range by using the search box.

A very informative and useful website, it’s a pity other Thai govt websites are not as good. Once I worked out how the map worked I wasted a few hours window shopping for land in Ubon, just out of curiosity :) I did find one glitch when a 3 rai rice paddy showed up on the map as being in town, that must have been an incorrect link because it was the same place as a building also listed for sale.
The pop up window is informative, some of the listings that look like bargains are not so good when you see they come with a large mortgage that also had to be paid off. Or sometimes not so large, like the woman who is going to lose her land because she owes Toyota Finance 15000 baht :shock:

@ Luc Chrome translates the sales as auctions, but the GF says they are fixed price sales. Do you know who is right ?
My money is on Google :D

Mike
mikenot

Postby pipoz » Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:14 pm

Thanks again Luc, I managed to get it all to work

May go shopping next week when I am back

Regards

pipoz4444
pipoz

Postby schuimpge » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:10 am

Mikenot, have to double check, but pretty sure they're auctions. And yes, it's a good time-waster..lol.. spent quite some time as well checking, then see it with street-view.

I've done a trip to Petchaburi this Saturday to check out land and visited a few of the web-site listings as well.
Only visited south and east of the city, no time to check north/west towards the mountains. Some interesting plots there I like to see.
There's some good deals on it price-wise, but location and condition of the land often is not very good.
Found a very nice 1 Rai, square piece of land through my sister in law, but the owner is asking 1.2m Baht for it. Too high for my liking. Still need to see if he wants to negotiate on it.
Will likely drive over again in 2 weeks time to check some more.

Plan is to buy some land this year, then start filling in next year and leave it to settle for a couple of years.
Next 4-5 years start building our house there. Long term plan, but hopeful to finally start my build-story here.

Cheers,
Luc
schuimpge

Postby mikenot » Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:51 pm

schuimpge wrote:Found a very nice 1 Rai, square piece of land through my sister in law, but the owner is asking 1.2m Baht for it. Too high for my liking. Still need to see if he wants to negotiate on it.

Cheers,
Luc

They usually start with a ridiculous asking price, when we (ie the GF) bought some extra land the owners wanted 600k for a half rai, she just pointed out that the adjacent, same sized but already raised land next to it sold for 500k, left her phone number and walked away. 2 days later they rang back, the price was now 530,000 and we settled on 525,000 baht.
Mike
mikenot

Postby kmanonmaui » Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:31 pm

I have NO IDEA about the area you are in...but 2 years ago we got 5 Rai, on the main highway, premium property as the top of a small hill and can easily see 7-11 or Tesco approaching us in the near future for a Rai or so on the highway side. We overpaid at 3.5m. Yes, I think the price they are asking sounds WAY outta line. We are about 30 minutes out of Udon and 5 minutes out of Kut Chap Amper proper. And every week I am seeing more and more buildings, stores, etc. going up.

But... give one way, or give another. We all give.
kmanonmaui

Postby schuimpge » Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:00 pm

kmanonmaui wrote:I have NO IDEA about the area you are in...but 2 years ago we got 5 Rai, on the main highway, premium property as the top of a small hill and can easily see 7-11 or Tesco approaching us in the near future for a Rai or so on the highway side. We overpaid at 3.5m. Yes, I think the price they are asking sounds WAY outta line. We are about 30 minutes out of Udon and 5 minutes out of Kut Chap Amper proper. And every week I am seeing more and more buildings, stores, etc. going up.

But... give one way, or give another. We all give.

Sure prices in Petchaburi/Chaam/HuaHin area are above average. But 1.2m for 1 Rai, just in the middle of rice-fields is indeed over the top.
2-3 km east and it's beach area prices, but not that piece of land I'm talking about.
There's a stretch of land that we are offered just behind Hat Chao Samran, maybe 500m from the beach. It's an old fish-farming plot, completely overgrown, belongs to family of my wife's sister inlaws. They where very reasonable I think, 5 Rai @ 300k p/Rai, but you'll need lots of infill which is not cheap there at close to 1000 Baht p/truck. Too many old fish farms that are selling their land, and all of that needs to be filled in, so forget about getting cheap infill. Good opportunities for future on that one though.
schuimpge

Postby mikenot » Wed May 08, 2019 10:45 pm

I found another government website which sort of ties in with the land auction site listed above. It's the Treasury Dept's land appraisal database, at http://property.treasury.go.th/pvmwebsite/. That of course is not the same as the real asking/selling price but it's a guide.
It's all in Thai naturally, so either use the auto translate on Google Chrome or get your partner to help.
On that page you will see 4 icons on a pale green background, what most of us would want is the left hand one with a pic of rolling hills and clouds in the sky.
Capture3.JPG

then on the next page fill in the title deed number which you can get from the other link, or ask the vendor for it, then select the province, click search.
Capture.JPG

There does not seem to be a way to select the district, so you may end up with several districts listed for the same title deed number in the one province, just scroll down to find the one you want.
Capture2.JPG

The UTM "tonnage" is actually rawaang which also means location or position, the rest is self explanatory with the price/talang wah on the right.
Hope somebody finds this useful somewhere, sometime .....
Mike
mikenot

Return to land