Lawn Mowers: Electric or Petrol

Gardens, landscaping and other things related to 'everything outside'.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Re: Lawn Mowers: Electric or Petrol

Postby geordie » Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:16 pm

ahh so no more BLIGGS and STLATON glashopper

Just spotted your post about power loss my apologies had a similar situation with a mower what used to happen when you stop to empty the grass box the carb seems to vapour lock the revs then drop you can hear the lack of revs
proved it with mine by cooling the carb with a washing up bottle full of water spray the carb it picks up again
sorry the info is late you could have blown it up earlier :lol: :lol: :lol:
my comments may be wrong but never deliberately
If it aint broke, dont fix it
geordie

Postby thaifly » Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:49 pm

well its a gidday to all ..its the thai fly from mae rim....fresh from burying the briggs and stratton chinese mower..the thai fly purchased after much deliberation and thought..HONDA HRJ 216..THREE GEAR 5.5 H.P self propelled mower..for 25.000. baht..to this point of time the thai fly has had the mower in harness for 5 hrs..and touch wood it is going great guns pulling the thai fly along at a great rate....it was sad to see the briggsy s**t it self ..the thai fly even went to the extremes of pouring a bottle of HEINKENS...in its death throe..to bring it back to life but to no avail...see how the honda performs in the near future and the thai fly will give C.T.H. MEMBERS A FULL REPORT...in due course...ITS A HERE HOPING HONDA GIDDAY TO ALL ....ITS THE THAI FLY FROM MAE RIM
thaifly

Postby BKKBILL » Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:21 pm

Thai Fly getting pulled around by that Honda for five hours should keep you in great shape. Seems like a waste of that HEINKENS though. Such is life.
It's not who you know, it's whom you know.
BKKBILL

Postby thaifly » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:27 am

thaifly wrote:.HONDA HRJ 216..THREE GEAR 5.5 H.P self propelled mower..for 25.000. b.see how the honda performs in the near future and the thai fly will give C.T.H. MEMBERS A FULL REPORT...
its a gidday to all its the thai fly from mae rim..after 20 hours on the clock...its flying..2 nd gear you break into a trot..3 rd gear pulls the socket out of your arms..ist gear is the go...touch wood the thai fly has the real mc coy here..and no heinkens is requieed here BANGERS BILL...at least not at this point of time...ITS GET A HONDA GIDDAY TO ALL...its the thai fly from mae rim
thaifly

Postby thaifly » Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:26 pm

thaiflys real mc coy honda 3 speed automatic mower...no heinkens needed..just a swig of san song..thaifly
thaifly

Postby pklongball » Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:19 pm

Mr Fly now that several months have passed how is that super Honda mower working for you? Is it still cutting the grass and operating good?

I have tried in vain to find a local retailer for this mower here in the Rayong area. No luck so far but here in Ban Chang not many folks buy this high a priced machine. I can find the simple Honda powered off bran push mowers but they look poorly constructed.

Where in CM did you purchase the one you have?
The complete picture story of our house build can be found here--My Gallery!
pklongball

Postby Burkie » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:50 pm

Good evening. I would suggest you look into buying a Huskvarna which is not a copy but a very well built machine. I bought one and have no regrets after i now since Nov. I is 6.5 hp and self propelled. The dealer lives in Chiang Rai but also sells and services Chiang Mai. His name is Ian Bannerman. If you are interested let me know and I will give you his number. Also I think the machine was about 4,000 B cheaper than Honda.His website is Husky North..check it out. http://www.huskymowersthailand.com/
Burkie

Postby thaifly » Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:43 am

its a gidday to P.K. its the thai fly from mae rim...the honda has now about 50 hrs on the clock..has nt missed a beat TOUCH WOOD ...never had it in third gear..as first and second gears are fast enough...very sturdy machine..huge easy to use grass catcher bag..all in all..at 25.000 baht .. rather expensive..model..but in saying that..its doing a sterling job so far...and it is not a cheaper.. DUD JOB..where the fly got caught before..we purchased it at our hardware store in c/mai..with a 12 months guarantee..do not know the name of store unfortunately ITS A GO GO SAMMY STOSUR.. GIDDAY TO ALL..its the thai fly from mae rim
thaifly

Postby williamthompsonus » Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:16 pm

<Nonesensical post removed - mod>
williamthompsonus

Postby Laurelray » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:51 pm

Have a Honda grass cutter, spare part galore service.
Laurelray

Postby MGV12 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:55 pm

Laurelray wrote:Have a Honda grass cutter, spare part galore service.

Is that it?

FUTAB..........
MGV12

Postby olavhome » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:26 pm

My lawn is about 1.500 m2.
Bought a Husqvarna Automatic lawn mower, and must say, NEVER before in my life had as perfect lawn as this.
Its my little slave, works from 09 to 15, normally daily.
Only need to change the knives twice annually.
Has GPS, so when in Norway I can start and stop as i like and also see exactly where it is, all on my App.
It is expensive, but I dont need worry ( and also dont need argue With "Family" if lawn need to be cut or not, when in Norway, thats worth the extra baht :-) )
olavhome

Previous

Return to garden and landscaping