Labour ( skilled and non-skilled ) daily rates

Anything to do with prices. Raw material prices or prices for finished material (or labor such as well drilling). Project prices (how much will it cost??), etc.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Labour ( skilled and non-skilled ) daily rates

Postby arranp » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:42 pm

Consutration labour.

I've had a quote of 1,200 baht per day for skilled ( includes tools ) and 600 baht per day for non-skilled ( includes tools ).

Are these in-line with current market rates ?

Interest to know what others have paid recently
arranp

Re: Labour ( skilled and non-skilled ) daily rates

Postby schuimpge » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:34 pm

Some important variables unknown..

Bangkok that sure seems reasonable even if you don't know reputation and experience.
But up north, it might be way too expensive if it's a small one-man show company bringing in his village side-kicks.

Just as an example for general labour, even though it's factory workers, not construction: I'm charging 500-600 Baht p/day for labour on-site with customers in Bangkok and surroundings.
That means with 330 Baht p/day minimum wage (Pathumthani), and after taxes and stuff, I'm adding 50 Baht maximum to the bottom-line
schuimpge

Postby Sometimewoodworker » Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:20 pm

arranp wrote:Consutration labour.

I've had a quote of 1,200 baht per day for skilled ( includes tools ) and 600 baht per day for non-skilled ( includes tools ).

I would say no, but as you haven't put anything in your location in your profile or in your question is difficult to give a good answer. Also for skilled workers what tools are you talking about?
Sometimewoodworker

Postby arranp » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:13 am

Sometimewoodworker wrote:

I would say no, but as you haven't put anything in your location in your profile or in your question is difficult to give a good answer. Also for skilled workers what tools are you talking about?

Location is Koh Lanta, KRABI.

Tools, are tools and the consumable fittings the use, e.g. drills and drill bits, angle grinders and discs, welders and welding sticks etc, tile cutters etc..

Crewe are one man and his wife.

Experience, man is very good, neat and tidy, my partner has used him before for various projects, also he has done work for other customer across the island, always good tidy work.
arranp

Postby Sometimewoodworker » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:51 am

arranp wrote:
Sometimewoodworker wrote:

Location is Koh Lanta, KRABI.

Tools, are tools and the consumable fittings the use, e.g. drills and drill bits, angle grinders and discs, welders and welding sticks etc, tile cutters etc..

Crewe are one man and his wife.

Experience, man is very good, neat and tidy, my partner has used him before for various projects, also he has done work for other customer across the island, always good tidy work.

That is then a rather different question. For an unknown skilled tradesmen the cost is quite a bit over the going rate.

But you have a known tradesmen with a proven track record, so it is sensible to pay his going rate as you have a reasonable explanation that he will do a good job.
Sometimewoodworker

Postby Klondyke » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:48 pm

If it is a simple building, not a designer house, average is 500 Baht. However, there is always a negotiation range, depending on your position. Beside, mostly a lump sum ("mau") is prefered, what can be broken in small portions, agreed on further steps only when you see (and be happy with) the finished previous portion.
Klondyke

Return to material prices & building costs