Free Thai House Plans

General construction topics - basically anything to do with building not covered in other topics.

Moderator: pattayapope

Free Thai House Plans

Postby dozer » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:19 pm

Here is a neat site with Thai house plans in DWG format, all free. Please check it out.

http://www.plancivil.com
dozer
Site Admin

Postby Attila » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:02 pm

Thanks Dozer, indeed, that is very interesting!

Do you - or anyone else - know if they can be imported easily into Archicad ?
Attila

Postby dozer » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:33 pm

yes, you can open a DWG file directly in ArchiCad but they come in as just flat drawings that can't be manipulated in 3D as far as I can see.
dozer
Site Admin

Postby thomas.fontaine » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:55 am

Free Blueprints!!!

I have just found out about this thai goverment web site where you can find full set of detailed drawings. Here is the link

http://subweb.dpt.go.th/pip/house_model/framehome.html

Sorry, but I don't know how to make this link active by clicking it, so you will have to copy and paste the address in your browser.

You will find 33 different models, ranging from 20 s.m. to more than 1,000 s.m. This web site was already mentioned 2 years ago by CTH member Andy but I thought it would be a good idea to re-post it. The web site is in thai language but with a bit of patience you will find your way through. Alterantively check out this other web site, in english, which contains the same models and their blueprints:

http://www.crossy.co.uk/Thai_House_Plans/

Check out models 27 to 30 which I think are very nice and in a true thai style.

All those blueprints can also be obtained from your local Ampur.

Attached to the models are also an estimate of the costs. However those estimates are 4 years old and therefore need to be used with great care. I think you should be able to find in the local Ampur somebody able to give a feeling on the escalation of those estimates.

They are yours...
thomas.fontaine

Postby dozer » Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:23 pm

They are pretty neat! I liked the feature of model #14 that it has a open terrace area on the second story about the car port. The plans look to be very complete including plumbing + electric. One thing I didn't see was any reference of cost looking on both sites, but maybe I just missed it.
dozer
Site Admin

Postby Rick B » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:41 pm

I saw the books of these house plans in the local Tesaban office while I was trying to get my house plans approved. I was advised that this program of free house plans was initiated while Taksin was PM. Another one of his good ideas. I also learned that if you use any of these plans, there is essentially no approval needed by the local Building Engineer. All of the plans come pre-approved.
Rick B

Postby dozer » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:49 pm

The only cautionary note I would give is that if you take a plan and have a architect modify it, he may just 'do what you tell him' without re thinking the structural aspects of the change, as in it is better to do it pretty much without any significant changes (structure wise)... or have a pretty good architect.
dozer
Site Admin

Postby thomas.fontaine » Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:02 am

Actually, on the thai web site, you need to go on the download section, "download perspective...". For each group of model, you will find an excel zipped file. Open it and here we go

Be careful that each file contains several worksheets, you have a cost estimate and the full BOQ for each model.

I am personally very impressed with models 27 and 30. However, looking at the detailed drawings, I was surprised with the relative complexity of the foundation system: a dozen of different footings. a dozen of different ground floor beam sections which imply different pillars height...I am wondering whether an average local builder is able to cope with that.

And Rick B you are right, according to my wife, they are pre approved and don't require any approval unless, as Dozer says, you foresee major architectural modifications and probably needs check by a structural engineer. You do need advise from engineer anyway to decide whether you go for piles or not.

In my case, I think it would be nice to add some rooms at ground floor which shouldn't be a major structural difficulty.
thomas.fontaine

Postby Ankrit Farang » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:39 pm

Just dhecking
Ankrit Farang

Postby Ankrit Farang » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:50 pm

I am sure everyone is familiar with"120 Beautiful Homes"on sale at most Thai bookshops. It seems that in the Hua Hin area the volumes are an essential part of a local builders toolkit. I was shown around one house that started life
as a bungalow in the book but was built on stilts instead. The area below will become Games Room, Gymn, etc.
My Thai wife and I checked out some designs at their relative companies in BKK. At our first venue the lady was quite happy for me to photograph the models on display from all angles and advised my wife to "change it a bit and get a private builder to do it cheaper. This firm Pheng Maak!"
Second company furnished me with copies of working plans for both floors!
Also got the address of a house of my choice being built about a mile from my hotel. We have become regular visitors, monitoring the construction process, getting a 'feel' of the place and deciding on modifications.
Very devious, I admit but then who are the Thais to complain about copying?
Ankrit Farang

Postby jazzman » Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:02 pm

The houses in "120 beautiful Homes" all have on major set back - no utility room. And the bathrooms are either ludicrously large, or the living rooms far to small.
Naturally not designed with the farang in mind - TIT :wink:

But modify and build one yourself and you can probably save up to 50% on the listed price :D
jazzman

Re: Free Thai House Plans

Postby deepee » Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:49 pm

Does anyone know what has happened to the house designs on the Thai govt's web site link shown above ?
Seems the site has had a revamp and I can't find any reference to the plans now.
deepee

Postby crossy » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:12 pm

It's moved here http://www.dpt.go.th/download/PW/house_ ... ehome.html nothing has changed so the whilst the BOQs are good the estimates are well out of date.

An easier download (minus BOQs) here http://www.crossy.co.uk/Thai_House_Plans/index.html
crossy

Re: Thai Government House Plans

Postby Inuit1963 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:52 pm

Living in Greenland - Kangerlussuaq

And want to build a house in Sawat, Loeng Nok Tha, Yasothon, Thailand.

What did you do wrong witch i don’t want to do ??

Do you have ideas or comments please help us to get the house of our dream without problems.
<url removed Dozer 7/30> witch is a Free Thai Government House Plans

We are communicating with Allan the builder <url removed dozer 7/30> and considering that we want to use his company for the construction of house and wall.

Hope to hear from you :D
Inuit1963

Postby dozer » Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:03 pm

thread cleanup/ off topic + flame war
dozer
Site Admin

Return to general