Building and Business Permits

Legal issues related to buying land, houses, condos in the LOS. Anything about contracts. Finance related, such as getting a mortgage, buying property from the bank, etc.

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, Sometimewoodworker

jazzman

Re: Building and Business Permits

Post by jazzman »

70,000 baht is extremeley excessive. At least one zero too many; is it a typing error?
Much depends on what basis you already own your land. You will certainly get a much better deal from an out-of-town lawyer - if in fact you need the services of a lawyer at all. In the best case scenario, what you need could only cost you a few hundred baht. Please read all the extensive information in the threads on this forum:
http://www.coolthaihouse.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=6
Then don't be afraid to ask the lawyer exactly what it is he is quoting you for with a detailed breakdown of his fees, and any local administrative costs.
Then repost your question in the respective forum, providing us with as much detail as possible.
tung

Post by tung »

When I get to the bottom of this will post all.

Land office told my g/f that it is not their business, land only not house, have to go to the tessabahn.

Ok so the tessabahn will give me a building permit apparently in my name. Documents:

Design Plans
Company Documents
Passport copy
Letter from Company authorising a house to be built and use of the whole land (I will make this letter say that I am paying and will be owner and try to make it watertight)
Chanote

Read about superficies in the other threads, but not sure if I want to involve land office now if I don't have to.
jazzman

Post by jazzman »

Company set up, depending on the lawyer or accountant, will cost 20,000 - 30,000 baht. You may or may not have to provide proof of the share capital - the accountant will advise.
The superficies, or usufruct solutions are a work-around to obtain full control of your land if you don't want to go to the expense of setting up a company. The fee for this at the land office is extremely low and you can do it yourself; however, some lawyers may try to convince you that it cannot be done without their help and might charge up to 20,000 baht for the two-hour service.
Try to find out how much the Thais pay for their building permission, and deduct this from the global fee you have been quoted by the lawyer. Hua Hin is getting a bit like Pattaya, and notorious overcharging is becoming commonplace.
tung

Post by tung »

Just to clarify:

I am already a director of the company that owns the land bought 3 years ago with land title of chanote. I have 49% preferential shares. (Did it this way before all the hassle about nominees emerged). Girfriend and mother of our daughter has a large % also. 5 nominees next to nothing.

Goal:

To build a house on the company land with me as owner of the house (NOT THE COMPANY).

Progress:

The company can authorise the house build with a company letter, this will allow me to get the building permit in my name. (Tessabahn confirms this but not applied yet)

Worries:

What proves that I own the house? The company letter authorising my build (I hope so) but not sure and lawyers here in HH are giving me the run around, 50K to 70Ks worth!
jazzman

Post by jazzman »

tung wrote::
What proves that I own the house? The company letter authorising my build (I hope so) but not sure and lawyers here in HH are giving me the run around, 50K to 70Ks worth!
The company letter authorising you to build on its land, but you could also get the company to give you a usufruct for the land.
The construction permit in your name for one thing. The other is that the money you import to build it, will have the special mention "For house construction purpose at ........." on the money transfer statement, possibly reinforced with the construction permit number.

- Do not tolerate any nonsense from the lawyer. If they won't give you a genuine breakdown of the costs involved, tell them you will go somewhere else, and if they still won't give you a breakdown, you know they are working a flanker. Just because they are lawyers is no reason to believe that they are honest people - on the contray, it's better to assume the worst. Forewarned is forearmed.
Sunpax

Post by Sunpax »

I was today in the "O bo tor" office for the build permission...they told me that i can't put the house on my name !!!

The land is on leasing..but i really need to have the house on my name...what can i do ?

Thanck's for any advices...

Mimi