Udon Thani Happy House

Any story related to building in the LOS, whether everything turned out hunky dory or not!

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, fredlk

Re: Udon Thani Happy House

Postby Sometimewoodworker » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:41 am

Alan wrote:Are your Mr. Ken Solid Wood Fans DC or AC?

At that price they will be DC, as are all of the ones we have.

On the first 3 speeds they are virtually silent, it's only on the higher 3 speeds that there is any noise above a whisper at all.
Sometimewoodworker

Postby pipoz » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:53 am

Alan wrote:PiP, Sorry I gave you the wrong amount. I was thinking it seemed quite high so after recalculating and subtracting the appliances, I think I only need about 10-12m2 of granite. (including kitchen Island) Now my wallet is happier.
Thanks for all the info and prices. It could be up to 6 months before we have to decide.
Are your Mr. Ken Solid Wood Fans DC or AC?

HI Alan

All my Fans in the house are DC Motor, more economical to run. I have a combination of the Helicopter and Mr Ken Solid Wood Models

Kr Ken Fans are more costly than most, but they are very high quality and in nearly 3 years I haven't had an issue with any of them

pipoz
pipoz

Postby pipoz » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:08 pm

Some views from the Kitchen looking towards the back Gate and also looking from the back driveway towards the Kitchen

Next task, next month, now that it has dried out, is to clean up this part of the yard, remove the humpy shed and find some Fill so as to build up ground level on the right side of the driveway, north of the Kitchen. Then initially place some grass/lawn cover

I will need to raise it 300 mm, so need about 200 m3 of Fill

This raised area on this side of the driveway, about 630 m2 will collect a lot of rainfall next wet season, that cant really go anywhere, now that this area is all fenced/walled in. So I will need to put in some drainage lines and also fall it to a reasonable size pump pit or even small pond, so that when it does rain heavily, I can pump it out, to somewhere.

Given any excess rain run off cannot escape due to the boundary wall, the only temporary option is pump it back out through Gateway and onto the neighbors property :lol: :roll: "At night" :roll: :lol:

Or build a small retention pond in the far right/top left corner of photos 2 & 3

pipoz
Attachments
HH Kitchen & Garden Pictures - 01 Dec 2018 (26) (M).JPG
HH Kitchen & Garden Pictures - 01 Dec 2018 (26) (M)
HH Kitchen & Garden Pictures - 01 Dec 2018 (29) (M).JPG
HH Kitchen & Garden Pictures - 01 Dec 2018 (29) (M)
HH Kitchen & Garden Pictures - 01 Dec 2018 (27) (M).JPG
HH Kitchen & Garden Pictures - 01 Dec 2018 (27) (M)
HH Kitchen & Garden Pictures - 01 Dec 2018 (24) (M).JPG
HH Kitchen & Garden Pictures - 01 Dec 2018 (24) (M)
pipoz

Postby pipoz » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:46 pm

An indicative Drainage-Storage-Pump Plan for part of the Plot.

Some small catch pits (P1 Yellow) leading to medium- slightly larger catch pits (P2 Green). Pit sizes not determined yet, but expect the P2 pit will be around 1.0m square x 1.0m deep. Then leading to a Retention Pond or may possibly construct an underground RC Storage Tank (Blue). Will place a Pump probably in the P2 Pit closest to the Pond or in the Pond area itself (that is if it turns into a proper Storage Tank)

Will connect this drainage system into a smaller/similar one on the other side of the Driveway. Already installed some crossover conduits, running under the Driveway from the West (Store & Workshop)

Top of Pit Levels (with the CI Grate), will be 100 -150 mm below Top of Driveway Level. Will place some Fill between Driveway and Pits, to a gentle grade.

See if it works next wet season :roll:

Might add an Alligator to the pond for added security, if the Dog is asleep :lol: :lol:

pipoz
Attachments
Master Drainage Plan - NE Plot Corner.jpg
Master Drainage Plan - NE Plot Corner
pipoz

Postby BKKBILL » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:08 pm

Looking good Pipoz I'd be careful about getting an alligator for the pond if the dog is asleep it might not be there come morning. :mrgreen:
It's not who you know, it's whom you know.
BKKBILL

Postby pipoz » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:57 am

BKKBILL wrote:Looking good Pipoz I'd be careful about getting an alligator for the pond if the dog is asleep it might not be there come morning. :mrgreen:

Hi BKKBILL and thanks, but which one, the Dog or the Alligator :lol: Replacement dogs are easy to get

pipoz
pipoz

Postby pipoz » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:26 am

Some views looking towards the Kitchen-House from the northern driveway end.

Slowly getting there with the Kitchen. Hope to get it working by end March 2018 (excluding the glazed window & doors). Will deal with the Window and Door assemblies, when I come back in May.

First task in February is to measure up and order the Granite bench top, as this will take 4 weeks to get. At the same time I will install the Ceiling Fans (Mr Kens) & Lights and then power them up. Will also get the guy to lay the floor tiles in February. :roll:

Plan to start the drainage pits, lines in February, then follow on and dig the Pond and then level the northern area

One more year of building to go :shock:

Most of the Palm trees are 3 years old and the Bamboo etc was only planted 2 years ago. It has grown quickly

pipoz
Attachments
Looking towards Kitchen from Soi 4 (1a).jpg
Looking towards Kitchen from Soi 4 (1a)
Looking towards Kitchen from Soi 4 (1b).jpg
Looking towards Kitchen from Soi 4 (1b)
Looking towards Kitchen from Soi 4 (3d).jpg
Looking towards Kitchen from Soi 4 (3d)
Looking towards Kitchen from Soi 4 (4a).jpg
Looking towards Kitchen from Soi 4 (4a)
pipoz

Postby olavhome » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:00 pm

Guess you are looking forward to finished, if that ever happen :-)
Looks very nice, you have really created a property to be proud of.
Also, when having a garden in Thailand you are never out of work :-)
It is a disguised pleasure :-)
olavhome

Postby ajarnudon » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:56 pm

C'mon Pipoz
Where's your imagination? Paint the roof on the humpy, install a fridge, and you have a great gazebo beside the new pool/pond. :lol:
ajarnudon

Postby jazzman » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:34 am

You have gone to a great efffort with your project and I must admit it's looking very nice. I do like your choice of roof tiles, if they had been available at the time I built my house, it's what I would have used instead of the wavy green concrete ones which over the the years have accumulated a dull covering of algae. All you need now is a pool to finish it off :wink: See our swimming pool section to see how to do it.
How to build a $20,000 / £14,000 house and a $???? MOTEL Updated 21 March 09 - with BOQ and costs
Don't let this happen in YOUR house.
jazzman

Postby pipoz » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:57 am

ajarnudon wrote:C'mon Pipoz
Where's your imagination? Paint the roof on the humpy, install a fridge, and you have a great gazebo beside the new pool/pond. :lol:

What and then move the sisters family into it? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

pipoz
Attachments
Aboriginals.jpg
pipoz

Postby pipoz » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:09 am

jazzman wrote:You have gone to a great efffort with your project and I must admit it's looking very nice. I do like your choice of roof tiles, if they had been available at the time I built my house, it's what I would have used instead of the wavy green concrete ones which over the the years have accumulated a dull covering of algae. All you need now is a pool to finish it off :wink: See our swimming pool section to see how to do it.

Hi Jazman,

Yes the roof tiles have a sort of natural slate look (CPAC Nuestile Trend Series - Black Steel Color). They are actually a darker more blackish color when on the ground, but come across with a lighter grey look when on the roof in daytime. They were not cheap, but it looks like their color is holding.

Pool is still in the plan, but not in the immediate future. It might be a 2019 year project, after I have retired permanently to Thailand, at end of this year

pipoz
Attachments
Nuestile Black Steel Colour 01.jpg
Nuestile Black Steel Colour 01
pipoz

Postby jazzman » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:57 pm

This range of CPAC tiles was not available in those days. I thought I was doing the right thing with the wavy light green tiles. They only cost THB 12.50 each. I thought that the light green colour and the traditional wavy shape would reflect more sunlight away from the roof. That appears to work, but they don't look very nice now. I've thought of getting them cleaned with a high pressure cleaner with water mixed with some swimming pool algaecide. One of the days if I am rich, I will build a new, rather different, more modern house on the land and give this one to my inlaws. They have their own house of course, a traditional one on stilts, just up the road, but they seem to spend more time in ours...
How to build a $20,000 / £14,000 house and a $???? MOTEL Updated 21 March 09 - with BOQ and costs
Don't let this happen in YOUR house.
jazzman

Postby pipoz » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:26 pm

jazzman wrote: They have their own house of course, .................., just up the road, but they seem to spend more time in ours...

I know the feeling :roll: :roll: :roll: :wink:

pipoz
pipoz

Postby ajarnudon » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:08 pm

Do they have a "like" button in this blog? Couldn't find one, but I like the picture of your inlaws that will move in. 555
ajarnudon

PreviousNext

Return to Your Building Story