Rent land, Install MOBILE house/container, how much to move?

Any story related to building in the LOS, whether everything turned out hunky dory or not!

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, fredlk

Rent land, Install MOBILE house/container, how much to move?

Postby wwwbkkaptcom » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:24 pm

Hello,

I do not plan to buy a land yet but I would like to have a kind of bungalow on a land that I will rent to grow vegetables.

Can you tell me how much it will cost approximately to have my bungalow "connected" to water and electricity if the land has nothing ready ?
Can I do it easily ? I want to have electricity, toilets and running water in case I want to stay there few days each time, without going back to my condo.

I know that it might sound weird, but I already own a condo where I live full time, and now what I need is a garden (I also want to experience house life).

As I will rent the land, I want to know how much it will cost me to "connect" again the bungalow at the new location, in case I need or want to move.

And about the bungalow, I am thinking about a container, because it seems to be the strongest structure in case I want to move in the future, and it is safe to close when I am not on the land. But maybe you have a better idea ?

Thank you so much for your help.
wwwbkkaptcom

Re: Rent land, Install MOBILE house/container, how much to m

Postby mikenot » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:01 pm

A few variables for you to consider here ...
how far is the land from nearest water and electricity supply ?
Is the water supply pressure enough for your needs, or will you need a storage tank, pump, and electricity for the pump ?
The water meter and pipe would be the easiest and cheapest part, the electric is a bit more problematical. The PEA poles are around 8000 baht each from my research, once it gets to your land you can use steel poles which are a lot cheaper ....or bamboo which is cheaper still ! You would not be able to get a normal residential connection for a container as you need a house number for that, which I doubt you will get for a container ! I imagine you can get a commercial connection though, don't know how much the commercial rate is.
Is there a house nearby, perhaps you could share their connection, run a line to your land and pay your share of the bill ?
If the electricity is going to be a problem, have you considered going off-grid ? Solar panel on the top of container, deep cycle battery, perhaps a small generator ?
mikenot

Re: Rent land, Install MOBILE house/container, how much to m

Postby wwwbkkaptcom » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:34 pm

mikenot wrote:A few variables for you to consider here ...
how far is the land from nearest water and electricity supply ?
Is the water supply pressure enough for your needs, or will you need a storage tank, pump, and electricity for the pump ?
The water meter and pipe would be the easiest and cheapest part, the electric is a bit more problematical. The PEA poles are around 8000 baht each from my research, once it gets to your land you can use steel poles which are a lot cheaper ....or bamboo which is cheaper still ! You would not be able to get a normal residential connection for a container as you need a house number for that, which I doubt you will get for a container ! I imagine you can get a commercial connection though, don't know how much the commercial rate is.
Is there a house nearby, perhaps you could share their connection, run a line to your land and pay your share of the bill ?
If the electricity is going to be a problem, have you considered going off-grid ? Solar panel on the top of container, deep cycle battery, perhaps a small generator ?

Hello, thank you, I do not have the land yet and will try to find one not too far from civilization.
So it's possible to connect to neighbors for electricity, but what about water ?
The solar panel or generator option can be good, but maybe not safe when nobody stays on the land overnight ? (robbery)
Thanks again.
wwwbkkaptcom

Return to Your Building Story