"Baan Thai"- My battle against Time and Termites

Observations, thoughts and your stories about living in Thailand, share them here. 'My life in Thailand' or 'Observations on Living in Thailand'.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL, pattayapope

Re: "Baan Thai"- My battle against Time and Termites

Postby eyecatcher » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:48 pm

chapter 14 day 59 contd

DSC_0955.JPG

DSC_0956.JPG

DSC_0957.JPG

DSC_0958.JPG

DSC_0959.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
eyecatcher

Postby eyecatcher » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:07 pm

Chapter 14 day 60

I just had the bench seat to complete this morning, but I thought I should go and order the plasterboard otherwise they will be shut on a Sunday and I will need to be starting tomorrow.

I ordered 12 boards but on my return I knew I had forgotten to include for the inside of the wardrobe arrgh! :(

Anyway I will see how it pans out, who knows I may have some plasterboard left, or I may have some cladding left, it doesn’t matter what I use I will adapt as always.

I found two off cut floorboards for the bench top but they were not the same width so I couldn’t really just fix the two boards.

DSC_0961.JPG

DSC_0962.JPG

Instead I decided to make 4 strips. It was a long job, ripping down 4 strips at 1.5m long, then sanding, chamfering.

I did need to fix two additional mid span supports and the leg brace and finally drilling and screwing in place.

DSC_0963.JPG

DSC_0964.JPG

DSC_0966.JPG

After a glue and sawdust glue mix I filled the screw heads on the top which was followed by a quick overall staining.

DSC_0965.JPG

1 (1).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
eyecatcher

Postby eyecatcher » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:29 pm

Chapter 14 day 60 contd

I hadn’t actually finished the wiring for the aircon previously because I had run out of cable.
I just needed 4 lengths of 5m to take from the outside box to the inside box, the standard LNE and an extra one which I fed through the flexiduct then just incase it needs to be something other than a 2.5mm it can be pulled through simply.

Well while I was out ordering the plasterboard I picked up some cable to finish the aircon wiring.

DSC_0938.JPG

DSC_0944.JPG

Next big task is plasterboarding but its not arrived yet so I thought I may as well try to start using some of the off cut teak and start on the dado walls.

I really wanted to see how noticeable the screw heads are if I do a flush board fitting instead of an overlap.

Overlap looks ok horizontally but vertically I am not sure it would only be to hide the screws. I cannot nail it because I have fitted steel rails and prefer not to have softwood battens again inviting guests to dinner.

Wasu said just screw them and then fit a cover strip,(did she really say coverstrip :shock: ...i think not) but it would need to be done in the same material I think.
A proper vertical overlapped board like I did outside on my decking is ok but it possibly will use more boards. I think that’s the answer though…

however I dont want to do that. :lol: flush vertical thats the answer this time.

On the small panels they look ok, the screws I will hide with a small skirting and a cover mould but job done and now ready to plasterboard because its arrived!

DSC_0939.JPG

DSC_0940.JPG

DSC_0941.JPG

DSC_0942.JPG

DSC_0945.JPG
eyecatcher

Postby eyecatcher » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:32 pm

Chapter 14 day 61

So how to make 12 boards stretch into 13, the challenge starts now. :)

Todays task is to start the plasterboarding. I have already set up a fair few support rails but I can see along the way I need to be adding one or two more I think.

Up and down day to say the least. :( When my boards were delivered I had them placed under the house on the concrete floor. On one hand it was flat and a good place to cut and work but on the other hand I need to work quick to keep them out of the damp environment and also carry each board up the stairs.

Inside the house every piece will involve me climbing the ladder. My peak is about 4.5m high and the first 4 boards need to cut precisely as near as possible to shape! :lol:

The first boards I cut too tight, expecting to slide them up into gap that was vacated by the previous boards, but it didn’t work out like that unfortunately.
I reckon I was up and down that ladder 12 times before I managed to get a tight fit. And then I had to try and pull the aircon wires through it. Job and a half I can tell you. :(

DSC_0967.JPG

DSC_0968.JPG

DSC_0969.JPG

I think I have done the hardest 5 boards first. The peaks and the underside of the steel beams, having to drill and fix into the steel 20 times.

DSC_0970.JPG

DSC_0971.JPG

Two boards used that’s all and 10 to go. Looking to get another two or three boards cut and fitted tomorrow as I am already 10 days behind my schedule and three weeks left. :?

DSC_0972.JPG

The steam room bench was packed into the car and only just. At 1.5m long I had to drop the passenger seat right back and then learn how to remove the headrest. Not sure I can get it back out but I need to as I am collecting Wasu from the spa tonight.
eyecatcher

Postby eyecatcher » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:49 pm

Chapter 14 day 62,63. 64

Three days on and off I have been trying to complete the plasterboarding. Very laborious because I didn’t even manage to fit a full board anywhere. :?

DSC_0973.JPG

Every board was either 10mm wider at the top than the bottom or it was being cut at an angle to suit the sloping roof or the termite eaten dropped roof.

DSC_0974.JPG

Even the wardrobe I had hoped to bang three boards in and it be done but I couldn’t get a full length board inside so each side had to cut into two boards.

DSC_0978.JPG

But I have one sheet left which I thought I could rip down into the strips for around the beams, but now I am thinking I don’t think I can achieve some good corners because I don’t have the angle trim. I may end up banging a piece of wood to the underside.

DSC_0975.JPG

DSC_0976.JPG

DSC_0977.JPG

DSC_0979.JPG

My electric consumer unit needs to be disguised at some point. The face of it is almost flush with the plasterboard but I need to leave the opening as big as the terminal box behind it for access etc.

I am thinking of two ideas; first to fit a small timber trim around the edge of the opening and then make a small hinged door. Or get a picture frame or some traditional thai hanging material to cover it up.

Still a long way to go, as there looks like two days work just gap, screw and joint filling.
eyecatcher

Postby eyecatcher » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:57 pm

Chapter 14 day 62,63,64 contd

DSC_0980.JPG

DSC_0981.JPG

DSC_0982.JPG

DSC_0983.JPG

DSC_0984.JPG

DSC_0985.JPG

On the domestic front I am in the wars again. :( One sentence spoken with the wrong tone or a hint of sarcasm and my over sensitive wife decides to call it a day again because I didn’t apologise.

It was Wasus birthday a couple of weeks ago and I had promised her that I would contribute towards her annual cosmetic binge which she does online. It was a case of when you are ready just order.

It seems she was ready to order a few days ago so she says to me;

“so can I order my cosmetics then?”

“why are you asking me again?”

Ok so I think I overdid the tone and sarcasm because it upset her. She seems to have forgotten that I gave her the green light and now she thinks I have changed my mind.

Talking my way out of that was fruitless and pointless when the sulks and mood is already taken hold.

Now we are in the same old scenario as I have been in a dozen times. She ignores me for three days then she tries to talk to me. I am not interested in talking and explaining again so she tells me she is not coming home for three days so that I can think about what I need to do next. :shock: me?

We both acknowledge the house, especially the old house needs to be finished and that’s a month away. I have my son coming in a month so I have added stress about getting the house done.

But when do you call it a day? We last had the same fall out 5 months ago. I suppose in one sense I am lucky as most westerners break up due to being screwed out of money. Wasu is completely different, completely, and although I am tempted to say sensible and rational I don’t accept she is being either of these at the moment.

Then again she could be right, and that’s scary. :cry:
eyecatcher

Postby eyecatcher » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:34 pm

Chapter 14 day 65

I fitted the final few strips of plasterboard today and followed that with my attempt to start joint filling.

My first gypsum mix I think was a bit too strong as the whole bowl I had just mixed had gone solid before I had even filled three screw heads. Reversing the process by adding water isn’t too great and the perfect way to get yourself a lumpy mix.

When you are filling screw heads you realize how many of your 300 screws were still a bit proud of the surface.
I had bought some jointing tape, well it was actually scrim tape; I am sure jointing tape in the uk is self adhesive, maybe it is here but I hadn’t looked for any.

I will do the underside of two downstand beams with timber I think because I am not confident I can get the corners of the boards running true. Timber makes it more robust for sure and a slight twist or bend looks more genuine than a slight twist in plasterboard.

DSC_0986.JPG

DSC_0987.JPG

DSC_0988.JPG

At 4pm I had a video call from my son. He arrived in Hat Yai today for the next leg of his journey. He had been on a bus from Bali via Singapore and K.L for about 70 hours over the last few days and his plan was to meet up with a couple of mates in Phuket tomorrow.

Originally his plan was to head out through Cambodia and onto Vietnam maybe Laos and then here.

I certainly have 3 weeks before he arrives which should see the main room just about done, but the bathroom well not a prayer really. The only thing I do have to sort out though is a new shower. The old one hasn’t been working since the in laws came to stay in November 2016.

Wasu is supposedly staying at the spa to be away from me. She thinks it will give me time to think about the future but to be honest I don’t have time to think about that as my days are busy enough as it is. :(

Maybe this is the end again!, I just get too wrapped up in my own jobs, always been the same, my career in construction I was a dedicated workaholic who stressed out over the inability to make decisions in a timely manner and thus created stress for myself.

Had I been an overweight beer drinker aswell I could well have had a heart attack during those years.
eyecatcher

Postby eyecatcher » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:43 pm

Chapter 14 day ,66 67.68

I really cannot believe I have spent three further days getting to the stage I am at today. :shock:

Two of the days were spent mixing gypsum joint filler and trying my best to get it onto the board in some kind of fashion.
I had a lot of gaps to fill around the boards but that was inevitable with the sows ear I to play with.

I have made a classic mistake however. Not enough care taken with the plasterboard in the first place and inexperience of exactly how far to drag the screw heads under. :roll:

The joint tape also was a disaster really. I ended up buying a few different rolls to joint the corners around the peaks and that was ok but you realize that a further skim of gypsum is just going to fall off at some point.

The boards were tapered edged and my inconsistency of using those tapered edges at the joints was completely down to my frivolous estimating of how many boards I will need.

As a result I have some tapers that haven’t been completely filled and even some where a taper meets a square edge.
I am far from proud of myself. At best its average but having a domestic crisis on top of the stress to complete is making me rush without concentration. :(

Today I was going to start fitting some cladding; after all its been waiting for me for 6 weeks.

But I decided on the vertical overlap design and I don’t want to be painting the sloping ceiling around the castellations the boards will create.

So plan B I really ought to get a first mist coat on the new plasterboard. I had a quarter of a tub of white ceiling paint from months so I made a start.

DSC_0989.JPG

DSC_0990.JPG

It wasn’t long before I realized that some of my gypsum filling hadn’t dried out sufficient and rolling paint on was followed by rolling paint off!

I think a primer would had have been better as my paint was more like obliterating paint. I didn’t have any so I thinned down what I had a bit.

I have managed to almost complete the priming on all the new boarding with the exception of the wardrobe and the consumer unit but another day filling is in order tomorrow.

DSC_0991.JPG

DSC_0992.JPG

DSC_0993.JPG

During the course of the day I had to re sink a few screw heads and some of the tape I had applied became soggy with paint and started peeling off. Then the areas of thicker gypsum that were not dried out.

Basically rushing it will now cost me another day in tidying up the finish. :?

Not spoken to Wasu now for 5 days. She spent all weekend away and when she does come home she gets into bed and then disappears at 7.45 in the mornings.

Tomorrow is our wedding anniversary. We had said only last month that a day or two away from home does wonders for our relationship and had both said we must mark the anniversary occasion with a trip away also.

I don’t think that could be further away at the moment. She will obviously be very aware of the significance of tomorrow but I have run out of new excuses or new proposals now.

She is what she is and I am what I am. :|
eyecatcher

Postby eyecatcher » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:01 pm

Chapter 14 day 69+70

Two more days have passed, one was completely wasted and the next was non productive but progressive. :roll:

My first day I made a start with the internal cladding. I wasn’t in the mood really, not concentrating, but I started cladding the small panel adjacent to the patio door.

I still didn’t know the best way to fix. Vertical or horizontal, castellated, shiplapped or flush. :?

I started setting out for castellated. Three boards at the back then 2 over the gaps. I spent ages trying to scribe both boards to the leaning timber posts and then after fitting the middle board my idea was to nail it on.

Nailing was a no no, impossible as there was far too much deflection and the boards were quite thin. I abandoned that idea it was never going to work.
Then I started to do a vertical shiplap. The advantage of this was I could screw them on and no screw heads would be seen.

DSC_0994.JPG

DSC_0995.JPG

However after completing it, I just looked at it and thought it was awful.

I decided to move onto the new long wall with a new idea. Just fix the boards vertical but a flush joint.

I fitted about 5 boards each one taking an hour to do. sanding and planing the board edges because they were slightly bent. Donkey work it was and even then I could still see the silver foil of the insulation shining through some of the gaps.

To close the gaps I would need to further make 30 strips to cover the joints.

DSC_0996.JPG

DSC_0997.JPG

I wasn’t too happy but I wasn’t really enthusiastic about doing a job that was supposed to be making a guest house when that idea seems so remote now.

I decided to kcuf it today and have a rest. I have sprained my wrist with all the saw cutting and screwing into the steel but it was also Wasus day off….and remarkably I got out of bed to be greeted by a lovely prepared breakfast. :)

Thats a turn up, for sure.

She has acknowledged I am under a lot of stress to prepare the house accommodation for my sons visit and realizes I don’t have time for anything else at all. She has offered her support and a bit of encouragement realising that I am at least 2 weeks behind and still need to go shopping for aircon, for a shower, for glass for a bed and cabinets.

We decided to venture out and check out beds. I know that if we get one made its gonna be 21 days but we may see something that’s in stock. Ok we have some options on beds now.

We then went to get some coloured glass for the window fanlights. It makes sense to keep the same theme as our new house so I will get some blue yellow green glass for 6 panels. It now seems I also need to get the original clear glass replaced because when I was sanding down the window frames the other week, the grinder appears to have etched the glass….and not nicely! :lol: :(

We returned to the same glass yard as before who cut the 6 panes for us costing 500bt.

I have now asked if Wasu can organize the Glassman to come and replace the glass in the windows and fit the new coloured glass. I just hope its not too soon as I really should be fitting new beads.

It was lunch out followed by a plan ahead. She also commented that the cladding I had fixed wasn’t nice so on my arrival back home I was going all guns to remove the cladding I had wasted a day fitting.

With renewed vigour and a more positive outlook the plan ahead was to screw fit the cladding with an 80mm gap and then overlap with a nail fixed board. Hopefully I shouldn’t have many screw heads or nail heads to fill.
eyecatcher

Postby eyecatcher » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:26 pm

Chapter 14 day 71

I was looking forward to making good progress today.

And I did; :) I have almost completed the back wall together with a skirting/kick board and its looking good. Pleased with it.
The panel by the patio door I removed and started again with how I started it two days ago!

DSC_0998.JPG

DSC_0999.JPG

DSC_1000.JPG

DSC_1001.JPG

DSC_1002.JPG

DSC_0001.JPG

I am short on boards. Just a few left and not enough to do the side wall which I need 5 boards. I also have two downstand beams I was going to clad.

I also thought I was going to run a skirting along the remaining walls.

I can of course head out to khun Aeys and just buy 3 or 4 extra lengths and stop worrying or I can use all the 600mm off cuts I have and make the side wall into a horizontal clad wall.

Wasu thought I should just plasterboard it. Yes that’s an option but I only have a 1.8x1.1 piece of board left to cover a 2.3x0.6 wall. I will decide tomorrow when I have allocated a usage for the last 5 boards I have on the floor.
eyecatcher

Postby eyecatcher » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:34 pm

Chapter 14 day 72

I completed the cladding on both the long wall and the short wall today. I was left with 4 pieces of cladding, not enough to do the return on the wardrobe wall and certainly not if I use them on the downstand beams.

DSC_0002.JPG

With the boards that were left there was a nice double moulded board that I decided I would rip in half and use it as skirting board. There would be enough to do the two dado walls I fitted a couple of weeks ago and I could also manage three areas on the patio wall.

DSC_0003.JPG

DSC_0004.JPG

DSC_0005.JPG

But I am still left with a 2m section on the tv wall to do.

I decided to use up the piece of plasterboard I had left. If I didn’t it would get damaged or get damp so I decided to face up the wardrobe wall with it, then clad over it with all the offcuts I had left. Ok they will be horizontal but its only a small area so should be ok.

DSC_0006.JPG

My idea was to fix it to the plasterboard with panel adhesive and include a few screws where I had the steel fixings behind.

DSC_0007.JPG

I felt more relaxed today as I spoke to my son last night and he updated me on his travel plans.

Instead of meeting his mates and heading straight into Cambodia and Vietnam for a month it seems they decided to have the first 10 days in Phuket;Phi phi, Krabi and Bangkok. :? Then they will head off into Cambodia.

The good news on my part is that its more likely that he will be with me a month later than anticipated. So end of November is more likely and that really takes the pressure off me. :)
Maybe we will have chance to get away for a couple of days next week, we sure need it.
eyecatcher

Postby eyecatcher » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:45 pm

Chapter 14 day 73

I feel more relaxed today, certainly don’t need the stress of having to finish in the next 16 days. :)

Maybe today was too relaxed as I didn’t seem to achieve much at all. :roll:

I completed the wall to the side of the wardrobe.

DSC_0008.JPG

I made a small door and trim for the electric meter from the old cladding offcuts.

DSC_0011.JPG

Actually took a bit longer than I anticipated because the cladding is so thin I couldn’t nail it or screw it without them going right through. So that meant a frame all around, then fitting the hinges onto the exsiting cladding was a fannying about exercise, cutting thin strips to fit the hinges to, and then deciding its better without.

I did a bit more plaster filling. A second go on top of what I did last week but I used up my plaster annoyingly.

DSC_0012.JPG

The wardrobe cupboard was never painted so that received its first undercoating.

DSC_0010.JPG

I want to fit some skirting board inside and possibly some bearers for the shelf and my idea is to carry the hanging rail from the underside of the shelf. Tomorrows job though.
eyecatcher

Postby eyecatcher » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:04 pm

Chapter 14 day 74+75

I decided to tackle the wardrobe today. First off was to give the insides another coat of emulsion then I was onto the salvaging wood jobs.

With some old off cuts from the old floorboards I ripped them in to a 75mm wide length and then sanded them clean again to act as a skirting board...
Chamfered the top edge and fitted them inside the wardrobe. They didn’t need any screw fixings other than the panel adhesive. :)

DSC_0014.JPG

Next task was to make a shelf and the hanging rail.

I found one of the original decking planks that I think was used on one of the benches as it was 400mm wide.

DSC_0015.JPG

It was a bit too wide really because the height I want the hanging rail (approx 1600mm) is not much lower than the door head/fanlight transom so there could be some restriction trying to place something bulky like a duvet on the shelf.

So I ripped the board down to about 340mm and sanded it back to its original form. The off cut strip I tidied up and used as the bearers around the edge.

DSC_0016.JPG

DSC_0017.JPG

Three bearers on the wall with glue and screws this time and the shelf fitted on nicely.

The hanging rail; I was going to use some chrome tubing that we had spare from the spa curtain rails but in the end I decided to use one of the original wooden curtain poles that we had in this house. I have loads actually and all the brackets and finials.

So with the shelf still loose I fitted the hanging bracket to the underside of the shelf and then slid the hanging rail all the way through.

I now had a full composite shelf and hanging rail which I could simply carry and just drop in place.

DSC_0018.JPG

Should I decide to fix the shelf I have two options. The first is just to drop in a couple of screws from the top side of the shelf into the bearer and the other is to fix a small metal angle bracket to the underside.

Final task in the wardrobe was to fit two architrave trims to cover the 10mm gap between the frame and the plasterboard on the inside.
So, salvage again I found the two small trims that were previously on the plasterboard on the tv wall. They were painted off course but I cleaned that off and nailed them in place. No cutting needed they were just the right length.

lets test it now......perfect

DSC_0019.JPG

That was yesterday.

Today I needed to make a dash to Global to pick up about 3 more chamfered trims for the window heads. Simply to hide the edge of the plasterboard because it wasn’t flush all the way along. I need to get the trims fitted before I start wood filling and staining.

But my task today is to give my white walls and ceilings a second coat of emulsion.

I hate painting and especially white. It really shows up what an untidy mess I made of my plasterboarding and filling. I thought the sanding down would be the answer to everything but alas not. :(
I can see me having to use a full tube of caulk at some point; quadrant trims and maybe a picture or two hanging over some of the board joints. :lol:

I know it wasn’t a good week for me when I did the plasterboarding and filling but really its rough. I have re done some of the joints and they are better but at least most of it is out of view.

Well painting complete, that is, the white areas, high level walls and ceilings. I will paint three areas in pastel yellow that is if I can find some spare paint from when we did our bedroom. :roll:
eyecatcher

Postby eyecatcher » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:51 pm

Chapter 14 day 76+77

Another two days of finishing off major items but first off Wasu received yet another round of bad news. :(

It was news of the death of her guardian when she was at pre university. Wasu didn’t want to work on her parents farm despite them almost bullying her to say it’s a done deal.

She was clever, a bit special really and was determined to get a good edukashen. :wink: It was a very difficult decision for her parents to allow her to do this but they were convinced that in the future her education would reap its rewards. (marrying me wasn’t one of them though) :lol:

So at 16yr old she left home and went to live in Mukdahan with two teachers and their two daughters until she finally got into University at Khon Kaen.

A couple of months ago the lady had a stroke and was hospitalized and in the same week the husband was hospitalized with lung cancer. Both in the same hospital but wards apart. It was looking like they would both be going together but surprisingly they lasted a couple of months until yesterday when the lady died. :(

There is a cremation tomorrow but Wasu is expecting to have to make a trip over there in a couple of days. Its never convenient of course as she is trying to work around the clock usually until midnight this last week to get some income because the Kings funeral is also imminent and the last two weeks of the month could be really quiet for us.

Wasu has been making the curtains for the house over the last week and mentioned its not as easy as she thought. I said we could have bought some ready made for 400/600bt each but she had already spent 3k on material.

She is doing a great job though and I am sure they will be much better than shop bought. :)

I was lucky enough to find a quarter of a tub of the pastel yellow paint that I painted the house with. I cant remember what it was called and the lable on top is so dirty and dusty I cant even make it out.

But that’s not important, I was just wondering if there was enough, difficult to determine. In the end I decided just to add some of the white ceiling paint into it just to boost the quantity.

Only the three small wall areas to do so not a major job. I had already undercoated with the white paint so two further coats of yellow was sufficient.

DSC_0020.JPG

I had bought 4 coverstrip trims the other day to head off the two long windows. It needed trims as both windows were on the piss and I needed to disguise the taper at the heads.

DSC_0023.JPG

Trims fitted it was then time to make good the corner of the wardrobe. I had thought of ripping down a floorboard and using 75mm of it for the missing skirting board and 75 to close the corner.

DSC_0024.JPG

But I had a 3m square post spare. Remember I bought an extra 70x70 post just in case. Well just in case just happened.
With some trimming and shaping at the bottom to negociate the leaning tree post it fitted perfectly.

DSC_0025.JPG

DSC_0026.JPG

DSC_0027.JPG

Well I say perfectly; it wasn’t perfect. The width was perfect but it didn’t sit as well as I thought agin the steel; and I only had a 25mm recess to fill adjacent to the wardrobe frame but this post was 65/70 so it sticks out a tad more than I would have liked.

DSC_0028.JPG

No one will ever notice, and no ne will ever make a comment. The doors open and it doesn’t hinder that so jobs a guddun.
eyecatcher

Postby eyecatcher » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:06 pm

Chapter 14 day 76+77 contd

DSC_0034.JPG

After completing that job I needed to start from scratch and find a piece of wood 1850 long that I can make into a skirting board.

I decided to use one of the old decking seat boards, still shaped as it originally went around the tree stumps. It was a bit rough but I ripped off a 75mm strip and then cleaned it back to its original colour.

DSC_0030.JPG

After chamfering a top edge I chaindrited it and then it was ready to glue fix.

DSC_0032.JPG

Having opened the chaindrite I thought about pressing on and giving all the new trims and the teak cladding a once over. Its always a bit shocking to see fresh wet chaindrite. It looks so dark and rich but this time I don’t want dark and rich I need the cladding lighter really.

DSC_0031.JPG

I am confident however it will soak right in and the colour will fade over the next few days. thereafter it may get a clear stain/varnish or it may not.

DSC_0033.JPG

I bought some glass for the fanlights over a week ago but despite Wasu calling around the corner to get in touch with our glass man he is not in and his house is padlocked. :shock:

We don’t know if he has gone away on a job or left the house but there is still a load of cut glass leaning up at several places in his yard. Its not desperate but it’s a job that can be done straightaway.

I still have the bathroom to overhaul and haven’t even given it a single thought since I ripped out the boxing behind the sink. I was convinced that termites had got into that boxing but on opening it up, there was not problem at all. No infestation, no damp and I have made a mess now for no reason. :lol:

How to overhaul the bathroom, I want to overlay new floor tiles but I don’t want to take the bog out again. I want to replace the wall tiling but I don’t want to dub out the leaning columns.

I need a new shower and that’s definite, I don’t want to re use the basin because the waste pipework was an absolute nightmare in the inaccessible pedestal. I would like to continue the wood theme but I know wood and water do not mix so thinking caps on from now. :wink:
eyecatcher

PreviousNext

Return to Life in Thailand