Reg. Water Inlets

Any thing to do with swimming pools, fish ponds, or other man made structures which hold water (but not wells for drinking water).

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL, pattayapope

Reg. Water Inlets

Postby oil » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:25 pm

back from vacation and got some more money to continue my DIY pool built, and i got this question...
basically my pool will have almost 60.000 Liters and i was wondering about the pipe layout a bit ..
https://gyazo.com/09f2753600729b6915c88b151ae6a23d
on the top layout ... assuming i have the same running meters to each water inlet... i would assume to have the same water pressure everywhere. but then its a shitload of T - Pieces which will eventually slow down the water flow quite a bit,
and since i plan to put the pipes in the walls... its a lots of piping within the wall as well...

on the other had if i just make a straight line... sure out of the first from the pump room the most water will get out, but my guess would be its neglectable cause the overall water flow would still be better...
i could be wrong... hence i thought i ll ask here..

p.s. reason for doing the pipes within the wall is this... in our area .. the filled (compressed) soil sinks in per year a good 10-20 cm... if i had the piping outside the wall, i am afraid they will crack unless i built the pool over years

Your Thougts
oil

Re: Reg. Water Inlets

Postby Rdteth » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:14 am

Go for the straight line.
That will work just fine and in the end you can always adjust the flow with your fittings.(somehow).
I have seen the most exotic ideas on this subject, but probably such " inventors" have something to sell.
Attachments
20171207_081920.jpg
6 water out ; coming in on 1 side.
Rdteth

Postby jazzman » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:15 am

Sorry for the late reply - I don't log in so often these days.
You really need the 'tree branch' system for the eyeball jets if you want equal pressure coming out.
With the straight line system, the pressure will drop downstream until there is hardly anything coming out of the last jets.
How to build a $20,000 / £14,000 house and a $???? MOTEL Updated 21 March 09 - with BOQ and costs
Don't let this happen in YOUR house.
jazzman

Postby oil » Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:51 am

did you guys ever see where to buy adjustable pool inlet jets? i mean not directional, more amount wise?
oil

Postby jazzman » Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:03 am

As far as I know there is only one model available in Thailand.
Generally used as a floor inlet, it can also be used in walls. Do a Google search for something like: Floor inlet. ABS, adjustable flow
Another method, but more complicated, would be to use standard eyeball jets and install a ball valve (in the pump houxe) on each pipe going to the valves, but this would need an independent pipe going to each valve rather than an arborescent system.
Attachments
Floor return.png
Floor return.png (93.66 KiB) Viewed 119 times
How to build a $20,000 / £14,000 house and a $???? MOTEL Updated 21 March 09 - with BOQ and costs
jazzman

Postby Klondyke » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:30 pm

oil wrote:did you guys ever see where to buy adjustable pool inlet jets? i mean not directional, more amount wise?

In fact, a neatly cut out a hole in the tile let the water out with or without any fitting. Moreover, a fitting will not disturb you when you will brush the walls.

Unless you do not want to attach a jet (düse) to each. That however, would reduce the flow quite substantially with the number of inlets as you have shown.
Klondyke

Postby jazzman » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:36 pm

The fitting I illustrated above do not restrict the water flow.
They are fully adjustable for flow
They fit flush with the tiles.
jazzman

Postby Klondyke » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:55 pm

Attaching picture how such an outlet (water inlet to the pool) looks without any additional fitting. This normally not apparently visible in the wall once not really looking for that.

Klondyke

Postby jazzman » Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:04 pm

With these large tiles, I can indeed understand that unless you have a set of diamond-crown hole cutters, it might not be so easy to make a neat job of using proper inlets.
jazzman

Return to swimming pool