Samsung problem

Air conditioning, fans, and anything related to keeping it cool, such as insulation. This would include any posts generally discussing how to keep it cool, such as which types of blocks are better insulators.... ideal wall thickness for keeping an A/C house cool, etc.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Samsung problem

Postby RyanCaleb » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:48 pm

Hi all.
Samsung AQV09NSAX/N pair. Turn on at (for example) 18ºC. Compressor runs for approx 90secs and stops. After the usual 3min off cycle time, the compressor restarts, runs for 90secs and stops. Start it in 'turbo' mode and will run constantly until the mode time out after 30 mins, and then goes into the 90sec/3mins cycle.
Any ideas? IR receiver, interior PCB, exterior PCB etc, etc. Don't think it's external because it runs with no problem during turbo mode.
Samsung distributors here in Tenerife and on mainland Spain have no idea!

Thanks

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.
References:
http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/f ... ng-problem

<advertising link removed - mod>
RyanCaleb

Re: Samsung problem

Postby schuimpge » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:49 pm

It would explode if running continuously.
Not helpful I know..there’s no Samsung in my house for a reason...quality
All white goods is Hitachi, brown goods LG and IT is all Apple

Cheers
Luc
schuimpge

Postby Andyfteeze » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:35 pm

"All white goods is Hitachi, brown goods LG and IT is all Apple ", i wouldnt exactly call IT apple a good choice. I have ipad and iphones but i would just die if i had to rely the apple system. Its just too cumbersome and too "sharing".

Unless you have insider info, your just expressing an opinion about your tastes. :D
Our sharp TV is going on 5yrs without a glitch. What does that prove? Nothing.

If this samsung is playing up, the service center is the only recourse. I wouldnt be trying to get advice from any forums. I would be asking someone who works on samsung aircon. As an ex tech, trouble shooting over the internet is crazy and a waste of everyones time, unless its operator disfunction.
Most tech would try to DEFAULT the unit first, power down, power up. The rest is expertise. Good luck
Andyfteeze

Postby schuimpge » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:55 pm

Andyfteeze wrote:"All white goods is Hitachi, brown goods LG and IT is all Apple ", i wouldnt exactly call IT apple a good choice. I have ipad and iphones but i would just die if i had to rely the apple system. Its just too cumbersome and too "sharing".

Unless you have insider info, your just expressing an opinion about your tastes. :D

Well I was pulling his leg a bit, but I do have insider information as Samsung is one of our customers here... :mrgreen:
At the same time, white goods, give me Hitachi any day. Even the 6000 Baht top loader washing machine we bought 12 years ago is still running like day 1..Never had a problem with it..Bought a new 'high end' model last year and kept the old one for old/dirty stuff like dog blanket, etc... as with the first one, the new one is running every day for a household of 5 adults/kids and recently our baby. Wife is really annoying when it comes to clean clothes, so everything can only be worn 1x and then sure it goes in the laundry..sigh....As for the LG tv-set.. have it only 10 months now, no complaints, but we'll wait and see.

Overall, I just don't like Samsung materials, but then again, as an Apple oriented person, that should be no surprise..
A good choice? I'd absolutely say yes to that, still using my 1st gen iPad and there's another one lying around if this one breaks down..(7 years daily use and counting with still 3-4 hours of battery life on wifi.) even the Mac Mini I bought 1 month after it came to the market is still running perfectly fine. My PowerBook lasted me 10 years and the MacBook Pro I have 3 years now should give me plenty of joy for another 5 years at the minimum...
Not a 'heavy lifter' for IT, though my job is recycling it and I guess it goes to show that I get every single smartphone in my warehouse as scrap (and in big numbers) but can count the iPhones on the fingers of 1 hand in the 12 years running here in Thailand. That tells me one of two things: 1.. they don't break down or 2. even if they break down, they have a resale value for their parts so they don't end up in a scrap bin but are sold off again.

Cheers,
Luc
schuimpge

Postby Andyfteeze » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:52 pm

If you think because you bought something ten years ago that all subsequent models are just as good, your missing something. All IT manufactures have new product lines every 6 months. What may have been good ten years ago isnt the same product today. Personally i think they are better, but thats just on the advancing sophistication.

As for Apple, I have an Iphone 5 after my iphone 4 died. Is five years ok? I too have series 1 ipad and it does me well for what it is. My wife has an iphone 7plus. When i try do do something productive, apple always causes me grief. Cut and paste still hasnt appeared on the apple ecosystem. Trying to load songs on itunes is just such a headbanger. Every update means entering passwords at least 5 times to get back all functions. Sorry but my bare bones windows machine is so nice to use these days.
In case you havent noticed apple isnt really interested in the hardware, they want you to buy apps, songs and videos. Me , i am out of here when the hand reaches into my pocket. Their software is just so much over reach for me. Itunes still thinks all our phones are on one account and tries to share between all phones. Cant even set up separate itune accounts, how much crippleware can a man take? Having said that, the phones work well, just dont try doing anything productive on them.

as for samsung aircon issues , get a samsung tech in
Andyfteeze

Postby schuimpge » Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:34 pm

Hello Andy,

I have no illusions of quality being a given in any new product. Used to be a really annoying Apple Head years ago, but even that has passed..getting older I guess.. :mrgreen: (I'll leave the 'wiser' part for others to judge...)

To be honest, my enthusiasm for Apple products has waned over the years. When I bought my first PowerBook, it was way better, easier and safer than anything else in the market (that's a personal opinion I know).. aesthetically, the PowerBook was beautiful and OS X Panther that came with it was plain easy to use and way more stable than Windows XP.

Bought an iBook for my wife, and a Mac Mini 1st gen that has served long as a Music-server, but after that, I've never myself bought an Apple product anymore. Everything Apple currently in the house are gifts from my Boss in SG. Personally, I don't really see the need anymore to spend so much money on IT. It's more the wife who's pushing me to get her a new iPhone and stuff, but I just hold out until someone gives me a new one again..lol.

As for the Apple 'Garden', that's the only thing I do pay money for.. iCloud upgrade with more space and Apple Music. Makes everything very easy and I don't have any of the problems you mention. I've only once ripped all the CD's I had in my house and that's all been uploaded to iCloud as well (well, Apple reads the song-info, and if it's in their library already, then no uploading necessary, they'll supply it on demand). So whenever I get a new device, the only thing I do is log into iCloud with my AppleID and everything is populated automatically.
Same for logging in, using my finger-print as ID, so there's only occasionally that I have to enter my password manually.

Your statement in Apple "not really being interested in Hardware" is a very big mis-understanding on their business model.
While it is true that their services side is becoming a larger part of the overall revenue, they sell services that run on their hardware. Those services sell hardware. Hardware sells more services again.
Hardware is and will be for a long time, Apples main source of revenue.

If you'd had said Google or Microsoft, then you would be fully correct. Their aim is Advertisement and Software/services respectively.
Not so for Apple. Otherwise they'd produce their stuff with Generic, off the shelf components instead of going out of their way designing their own A-series processor for example.

As for Samsung, well, yep, if it's still in the warranty, service centre and be done with it. Don't go messing around with that kind of stuff, you'll spend tons of money and time to get that fixed otherwise.

Cheers,
Luc
schuimpge

Postby Andyfteeze » Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:59 pm

Apple is so into your pocket. rememeber the printer cost sweet FA, its the ink that kills. Apple is on the same business model. Selling their products at a premium is a bonus. Apple have been using Intel processors for years. Why do they want to make their own? So that they can sting your for the exclusivity. Get real, Apple is a marketing company. The fact they have billions stowed away in a tax free haven also says they are unethical.
Google and windows are trying to get in on the act too, dont worry about that. I will be back to Linux if it all gets rediculous.
Andyfteeze

Postby schuimpge » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:53 pm

Read a bit into history and their financial statements and you'll find that you're totally wrong here.
Why does software and services bring in so little revenue as compared to hardware? Apple has always been a hardware company from day 1.
They sell services and produce software to ensure they sell machines, not the other way around. Why would they give away their OS for free if they have to make their money from software?

Why they make the A-series processor themselves? To ensure they own the underlying technology for 2 reasons:
- so that nobody can screw them out of the market
- so that they can reach levels of performance and functionality that nobody else can get with generic processors like the SnapDragon.
Both these factors help Apple to get way faster and way more efficient processors which nobody else can match.
Goes to show that the latest processor is now on par with Core-i5 processors in benchmark tests. This doesn't tell the whole story, but there's no other ARM-processor getting close.

Why are they using Intel Processors? Because they would be out of business if they did not. PowerPC architecture did not scale well.
This comes back to why they started making their own processors. So they will not get into a 'PPC-situation' again.
It is an ARM-processor, which everyone else uses, but because they develop their own version of it: Faster, more efficient, lower cost because of their massive market-base, lower cost because they are able to use older versions in equipment like AppleTV..

Comparison with Printer/Ink situation is totally wrong. Yes, Ink makes money, give the printers away if necessary, so that we sell more cartridges. Been in IT-recycling long enough to know where traders and 'back-yard' recyclers make their money.

As for going back to Linux: Running CentOS 5 on my servers and 2 linux desktops in the office downstairs. Never a problem.

Cheers,
Luc
schuimpge

Return to cooling systems