saltwater chlorinator

Any thing to do with swimming pools, fish ponds, or other man made structures which hold water (but not wells for drinking water).

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL, pattayapope

saltwater chlorinator

Postby stevenff » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:35 am

Hello,
I am thinking of bringing a Hayward salt water chlorinator from the US to Thailand but I am concerned about the electrical wiring difference. Would it be a problem? Thanks for any response.
stevenff

Re: saltwater chlorinator

Postby schuimpge » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:00 pm

Not experienced with pool equipment, but in general, if the chlorinator is wired for 220v, then there's usually problem with wiring.
Be aware that this is Thailand and you should be sure about the wiring having been put in place properly at the place where you want to install the chlorinator.

Very good link with lots of info: http://www.thailandguru.com/electricity ... iland.html

Cheers,
Luc
schuimpge

Postby sjeng » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:53 pm

I bought a hayward pump and filter some years ago they are wired for 220 V or 110 V just have to check before connecting to the grid. its just a small connector which has to be turned around and connected again. READ THE MANUAL and the sticker on the device it will tell you if its installed for 110 V or 220 V.
I think all Hayward poolstuf is constructed in the same way. GOOGLE for the chlorinator you want might help also.
sjeng

Postby stevenff » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:18 am

Thanks guys!
stevenff

Postby Rdteth » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:17 am

220 V should now be 230V. Years ago already. Although in thailand I never see that.
USA used to be 110V. Therefore you could not use stuff from there without some extra convertor.
Nowadays electronic devices have powersupplies going from 90 to 240V, at least from "reliable" companies.
So be sure to check the stickers on your device. If they say 110V you CANNOT use them straightaway here in thai.
Rdteth

Postby jazzman » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:55 am

Never buy branded swimming pool equipment in your own country if it has an accredited distribution network in Thailand. Dealers and official service centres will not provide service under guarantee, and some will not provide service later either.

A note about Hayward: It is becoming increasingly difficult to obtain guarantee and/or service for this brand in Thailand. As far as I know, there is not one single official distributor. A friend of mine in Krabi bought 3 Hayward Tristar pumps (one for each of his rental houses with pools) from a Thai distributor, which were all professionally installed with all the correct components in the control boxes and within 6 months they had all blown up due to clearly faulty manufacture and Hayward refused to even acknowledge the problem.
How to build a $20,000 / £14,000 house and a $???? MOTEL Updated 21 March 09 - with BOQ and costs
Don't let this happen in YOUR house.
jazzman

Postby bkkdave » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:27 pm

I think there's no need to bring it from the US. PoolMaster sells Hayward pumps and other pool supplies and pool equipment that are made in the US. Check their thailandpoolshop website. I get my pool supplies from them and pretty much their supplies and equipment are of high quality. They can also help you with the installation. They're very accommodating. No worries too as they offer a 30-day money back guarantee. Really best to purchase it locally. Cheers.
bkkdave

Return to swimming pool