Building in Nontharburi/Pak Kret

Any story related to building in the LOS, whether everything turned out hunky dory or not!

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, fredlk

Re: Building in Nontharburi/Pak Kret

Postby Roger Ramjet » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:04 pm

unclezillion wrote:i drive a bike every day in Bangkok and never had a problem

LOL. That's because they won't let you ride where I drive on the "freeways, expressways and motorways" during those times.
My daughter thought she could be the snail's pace and used the normal roads. She finished at 1800 hrs and arrived home at 2130 hrs exhausted and said she'd never do that again.
I won't say they are "nice" bikes, the bottom one reminds me too much of the 350 BSA the army first had. What a pig, it would try and break your leg when you started it and weighed a ton, especially dangerous in areas near Quilpy and Charleville where the dust would swallow a whole bike and spit the rider over the handlebars. I do admit to laughing a lot when things like that happened and get the damned thing in sand and you were guaranteed to drop it. Of course the SAS knew all this so they purchased 175 Honda's out of budget and it wasn't until the high ranking officers were made to ride that damned 400 Yamaha's they "liked" that the army scrapped them. What a disaster they were. Top speed better than the 450 Honda, stopping power, nil. :roll: Scared many a brave foolish rider.
Saffles wrote:Who taught Thais to park on blind curves?

Thais are bone lazy, they will just see or smell food and stop, who cares about the other road users. It's like the food shops along our narrow road to highway 345, they encroach on the road and the bikes just stop and angle park. I wish I had an M113 armoured personnel carrier at times, I'd make sure I ran over the bike and then back over it as well. I have no sympathy for all the motor bike riders at police checkpoints as the police knock them off for no licence, no helmet, no rego, no insurance and no brains. Perhaps I've been in Thailand too long and am immune to their plight. There's a shop at the end of our private soi that "supes" them up and then you can hear them on highway 345 racing them. How they can afford 55,000 baht for the "works", skinny tyres, skinny mag wheels, heads port and polished and a rebore and larger piston and carb is beyond me, especially as they haven't even paid them off. And not to forget Mr. Cool with no helmet. They can beat me off the mark, but I can reel them in and I have the brakes to stop, they don't. That must be the last thing on their mind with the little girl on the back. Very sad.
Roger Ramjet

Postby unclezillion » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:17 am

there is no excuse for not being legal here! The bike test is a joke and basic insurance
is about 600b a year. i always have fully comp and a motorbike accident insurance for my health.
unclezillion

Postby Roger Ramjet » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:34 am

This building story has ended.
I have asked that it be totally deleted, but the powers that be seem to be under the impression that they own what I have written, so I will compare it to Michael Jackson when he purchased the copyright of all of the Lennon/McCartney written songs, which rather angered Paul McCartney who took it to court and asked how someone could claim they owned what he had written with John Lennon. The court said nobody, other than the author can claim they own someone else's written works, but the powers that be in CTH think they do.
It has been an adventure to say the least. It has cost me millions in overruns caused by Thai builders being thieves, lazy and breaking contracts, that in Australia is guaranteed by a handshake and a man's word.
If any of the above is deleted, with claims that it is political, and replaced with posts from the junta and dictator about what is and what is not acceptable, I will go the route of Paul McCartney.
Finally I wish to thank all the members, especially the Moderators at that time who helped make the story what it is, my building story. I loved all the humorous posts, the photos and the pictures that were cut and pasted and I wish to say a thank you to the still living members who helped me so much with suggestions, tips and information. I did pay attention to them all and I appreciated the suggestions after a long day at the build and coming home to post what had transpired through the day. Thank you all. To those who tried and did interfere, it's like water off a duck's back, but I will remember you as the arseholes you were.
To all those going through the struggle, it's worth it, ignore the arseholes and do your own thing.
Bernie Newson (AKA Roger Ramjet)
P.S. If you wish to contact me then MGV12 has my email address.
Roger Ramjet

Previous

Return to Your Building Story