Thai TV

Observations, thoughts and your stories about living in Thailand, share them here. 'My life in Thailand' or 'Observations on Living in Thailand'.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL, pattayapope

Thai TV

Postby Saffles » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:23 am

The wife and I were out of Thailand for over ten years. We used to watch American tv shows and movies from things we downloaded. She not watch much Thai stuff. Of course that reversed when we moved here this year.

Am I getting old or all the Thai shows just incredibly mundane? They use a lot of stupid loud sounds that seem to appeal to 4 year olds. Like watching The Three Stooges (which I love) but not funny.

The new trend are the plethora of "singing" shows. Most contestants are horrible but the judges never say anything but platitudes.

I leave that to the family and go read or watch YouTube.

Mark
Saffles

Re: Thai TV

Postby Roger Ramjet » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:00 pm

Saffles wrote:The new trend are the plethora of "singing" shows. Most contestants are horrible but the judges never say anything but platitudes.

There's not much else they can do with rich kids

<Posting edited to remove political comments. Mod>
<Commentary on and criticism of the current government or government bodies is not acceptable on any online forum in Thailand. Mod>

<Under no circumstances should criticisms or moderation questions be posted on the open forum only via PM. Mod>
http://www.coolthaihouse.com/forum/faq.php#f11r13
Roger Ramjet

Re: Thai TV

Postby Roger Ramjet » Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:10 pm

I suggest you read what every newspaper in Thailand has published about "The Voice" and other TV shows that are "allowed" by the junta to air, and who the contestants are, how they are nominated and by whom.
They had to stop the voting by phone system because the "rich people" openly bragged how they forced their employees to phone in and vote, but that was okay as they were paid to do it.
There a good song on the internet, it's called Two faces have I and appropriate as we live in a country run by an unelected junta and there's nothing wrong with having an opinion, even one in Thailand.
This thread is called Expat Life, Life in Thailand and a question was asked which I answered, there was nothing "political" about it, unless you regard the super rich not being held accountable to the law. Which in my country, Australia, has nothing to do with politics, it's a separate part of the State.

<Post Edited Mod>
Roger Ramjet

Return to Life in Thailand