Tiling.

Almost everything that needs to be said about concrete, cement, hand-mixing, uses and prices has been said on this forum. Please check out the contributions before posting new questions.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL, pattayapope

Tiling.

Postby Andyfteeze » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:36 pm

Seeing as there aint a section on tiling, I thought i would start a thread.
How many people here use a wet saw to cut tiles? Not many I think. Everyone here says cut with a hand saw or angle grinder. So take your pick , crooked lines or rough edges.
So I bought a wetsaw from Global. Only problem is , it has a general blade as standard . Its good for concrete but not tiles. So i go hunting for a proper diamond saw for tiles. Well after 3 days, I can tell there just isnt such a beast to be had in thailand. Everywhere in the world , but not thailand.
I have to shoot back to melbourne for a week so I will bring a couple back with me.

This explains why thai bathrooms have a drain hole on one side of the room, not in the middle like I am used to. It cant be done with a hand cut.

you know you have troubles when your engineer wants to tank the bathroom floor before setting your slopes. It will hold water for 24hrs in a test. Really I say ????
The idea of tanking is that the water flows away BEFORE it gets trapped on the base of the floor. water does truly flow up hill here.
Andyfteeze

Re: Tiling.

Postby Roger Ramjet » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:33 pm

Andyfteeze wrote:Only problem is , it has a general blade as standard . Its good for concrete but not tiles. So i go hunting for a proper diamond saw for tiles. Well after 3 days, I can tell there just isnt such a beast to be had in thailand. Everywhere in the world , but not thailand.

The reason you won't find them in the open is because Thais steal them. I have a wet saw (10,000) and I bought it at Thai Watsadu with two diamond blades they have hidden in a locked cupboard.
And promptly my tile man or my builder "lost" the water hose. The only person who used it properly was the tile man's brother.
Roger Ramjet

Return to cement, concrete and mortar