My infinity pool

Any thing to do with swimming pools, fish ponds, or other man made structures which hold water (but not wells for drinking water).

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL, pattayapope

Re: My infinity pool

Postby Breizh29 » Mon May 29, 2017 10:26 am

Hi,

My brother-in-law and another guy just started building the technical room on the buffer tank and of course the rain invited. The soil has been much stirred in recent months. The land with all this water has become very difficult.
This is one of the reasons why I decided to stop construction of the pool until mid-November. Another reason is the builder's schedule.
Now I will only make the pump house and the small shower-toilet room located on the retention tank.

Breizh29

Postby Tconstruct » Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:01 pm

<This is a non-commercial site. Promoting companies is not permitted -mod

FAQ
Can I advertise on the forum?
No. The forum is not for advertising. It is for advising and giving information on issues related to construction in Thailand. If I determine that the purpose of what you're posting is solely to drum up business you'll be banned.>
Tconstruct

Postby Breizh29 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:19 pm

Hello everyone

Despite a few showers, the work continues gently with only 2 people.

The pump house:

The small room "shower-toilet":

Breizh29

Postby Breizh29 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:26 pm

A small update.
Room "shower-toilet": Remains to make the tiling, the installation of the shower and the sanitary, the painting.

Pump house: ceiling in progress, tiling and painting to make.

Breizh29

Postby Breizh29 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:32 pm

Hi,

Just a little update, litte room "Shower-toilet" and technical room have been completed since July.

The end of the pool will resume either early December or next year. I hope to see more clearly next week (one month of work planned). Anyway, tiling for the pool and spa and travertine for the top of the wall are ordered. I will also put a variable speed filtration pump.

Breizh29

Postby bkkdave » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:35 pm

Absolutely inspiring and very useful. Thanks for sharing! Would love to have an infinity pool in the future too! Looks fantastic overall. Cheers.
bkkdave

Postby Klondyke » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:47 am

When planning pump location is good way to think where a leakage water around the pump will go - in order not to need to wipe clean the floor every day.

There is always some water around the pump not only during the installation works but also at every backwashing and cleaning the pump basket after pool vacuuming.

And not only the basket cleaning. If you touch the body bottom under the basket you will feel some fine sand corns (sometimes not so fine) - not so good for the pump bearings. Then, with the emptying bolt you will get the sand corns out together with the spilled water.

After that, you will need to fill up the basket space fully with water, not to start the pump with the air space. So the valves (6-way valve and at the water incomer to pump) will be re-opened again and the lid of the basket will be fastened only after the water flows over the top.

And moreover, beside these daily (or weekly) operations there can be always some unwanted leakage around the equipment.
Then, not forget, the pump switch should be in reach at the 6-way valve. When backwashing - or any other re-positioning of the valve - the pump should always be interrupted in order to avoid a big shock not so good for the 6-way valve, pump and all the piping either. Then, it is not so good feeling to stand with bare feet on wet floor and touch the switch.

(Recently, there was a deadly accident of a falang and his son at Pattaya during their pool pump handling).
Klondyke

Postby Breizh29 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:07 pm

Thank you Klondyke for your advice always so full of common sense. :wink:
I'll talk to the builder.
Breizh29

Previous

Return to swimming pool