Hi....simple question, ballpark numbers

A blurb about who you are an your interest in Thai real estate.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Hi....simple question, ballpark numbers

Postby Richv » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:44 pm

Hi all,

I've become involved in some Thai hospitality business recently and also visited Samui. I know it's a question with a piece of string, but I have been considering buying a villa but then considered building one (not myself) and I'm seeking a ball park build figure (not land cost) and where best to buy/build on Samui. I'm looking for something like this in design https://eatsandretreats.com/villas/villa5652.html#
I prefer more traditional but with some modernism. This seems to have a good use of wood and modern materials.

All thoughts welcomed.
Richv

Re: Hi....simple question, ballpark numbers

Postby Sometimewoodworker » Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:56 pm

Richv wrote:Hi all,

I've become involved in some Thai hospitality business recently and also visited Samui. I know it's a question with a piece of string, but I have been considering buying a villa but then considered building one (not myself) and I'm seeking a ball park build figure (not land cost) and where best to buy/build on Samui. I'm looking for something like this in design https://eatsandretreats.com/villas/villa5652.html#
I prefer more traditional but with some modernism. This seems to have a good use of wood and modern materials.

All thoughts welcomed.

Where's best to buy/build is totally dependent on the lifestyle you want, so impossible to suggest.

That building I would guess at 5 million plus assuming that the materials match the decor. You could dramatically reduce the costs by using cheaper materials.

Both building and buying have their own pitfalls and you can loose a lot of money.

FWIW the lease known as 30/30/30 are almost certainly illegal and totally worthless.
Sometimewoodworker

Return to Introduce Yourself