Best AC for AirPurifying?

Air conditioning, fans, and anything related to keeping it cool, such as insulation. This would include any posts generally discussing how to keep it cool, such as which types of blocks are better insulators.... ideal wall thickness for keeping an A/C house cool, etc.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Best AC for AirPurifying?

Postby oil » Sun May 28, 2017 6:32 pm

ha ha, similar to the Dehumidifying thread.. but still different. Since i live in the Chiang Mai Area which has been recently reported as the WORST airquality in whole Thailand (much worse then BKK) i was wondering... to might get some AirPurifier as well... but then i jumped into my mind that most modern AirCons do that already.. i havent found any comparision test when it comes to Purifying and AirCons...
hence... maybe i can get some helpfull infos here...
oil

Re: Best AC for AirPurifying?

Postby kmanonmaui » Sun May 28, 2017 7:00 pm

oil wrote:but then i jumped into my mind that most modern AirCons do that already

I am not sure to what degree "modern AirCons" already do much, if any, "air purification" other than a regular link/debris screen.

I have zero experience with using an a/c as an air purifier as well, I think you are barking up the wrong tree, or at a minimum hoping that one unit will do the task of two when two would likely do it more efficiently and cost effectively.

Here is a link to some "recommended" air purifiers and discussion on another forum - https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/90 ... -purifier/

Try to Google both "air conditioner and purifier" and "Thailand", "air conditioner and purifier" and you'll see few, if any, valid choices...but again, I am no expert in this area, just suspect that you would be better served by having a separate purifier than trying to find an "all in one".

Hope that helps.
-k-
kmanonmaui

Location: Maui, Hawaii, USA and Kut Chap, Udon Thani, Thailand

Postby oil » Sun May 28, 2017 7:11 pm

hereby the Download Link to the Siper Inverter Mitsubishi AirCons
https://www.mitsubishi-kyw.co.th/upload ... 143500.pdf
its in Thai... so hard to make sense for me :D
i just wonder how it compares for Air Purifying with machines from other manufacturers
oil

Postby Klondyke » Sun May 28, 2017 9:52 pm

Hi Oil,
without reading the details (in Thai) I assume that this is another (pricey) model of AirCon - again of a closed system, with an additional function of (so called) air purifying. However, it will not satisfy your expectation: purifying the air from outside. Just from inside. But perhaps once the bad air has come inside and the room kept closed, it will help to purify the existing air. However, I doubt that it will provide for a new oxygen for replacing the one consumed by the sleeping persons. (What about a pressurized oxygen bottle? :wink: )

I would not worry too much about the problem of C.M. air quality. It is not throughout the whole year. And the (new) government will surely take care of :lol:

BTW. Do you think (as per your existing AirCon) that the inverter function is an improvement enough worth of the price mark up in comparison with a common non-inverter model?
Klondyke

Postby Andyfteeze » Mon May 29, 2017 1:18 pm

Purifying air from outside coming in? Buy a German car and park it in the doorway. They come with air filters.
seriously, air purifiers work by ionizing the air and attracting the ionized particles to a filter. As I suggested on another thread, some aircon companies now include this technology into their split air conditioners. This works well in this type of closed system because the longer it runs , the purer the air.
The only drawback I can see is that every few days you open the windows and let some " fresh air" in.
The other option is to buy a window mounted air conditioning unit and and air purifier. It will cost a packet to run both but meets your objectives. The draw back being if the airconditioner pumps more air than the purifier, the air quality actually gets worse.

My suggestion, get a quality split aircon unit with air cleaning technology.
Andyfteeze

Return to cooling systems