PVC Windows and Doors

Information about windows and doors.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Re: PVC Windows and Doors

Postby BKKBILL » Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:29 pm

For screens on the inside all the ones I've seen in Thailand are hinged with a magnet catch keeping them closed and/or sliding window screens.

As for shera siding it can be naiedl or screwed to ACC blocks with ease for the outside you can even you tar paper and glued gypsum can be used inside. Max & Bee used I think metal furring to install gypsum inside on their build viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1970
It's not who you know, it's whom you know.
BKKBILL

Postby sirineou » Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:47 pm

BKKBILL wrote:For screens on the inside all the ones I've seen in Thailand are hinged with a magnet catch keeping them closed and/or sliding window screens.

As for shera siding it can be naiedl or screwed to ACC blocks with ease for the outside you can even you tar paper and glued gypsum can be used inside. Max & Bee used I think metal furring to install gypsum inside on their build viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1970

Hi Bill, Good to see you, still in this forum after all these years , discrimination good advise
Yes indeed I remember Max & Bee's Building thread. A well documented, comprehensive , well worth reading Thread IMO.
If I remember correctly, he used double wall ACC block using the cavity to rum mechanical, Not sure if he used metal furring or if he glued the drywall directly to the ACC wall , I seem to remember something about that, but it might have being some one else. I skimmed through his thread to find the drywall portion, but I was unsuccessful, I will look again when I have more time.
Max was/is a very nice guy, last I read in his thread he was back in Australia, wonder where he is now? I highly recomend reading his thread to anyone wanting to build in Thailand.
I talk to my self because I am the only one who will listen
sirineou

Postby Sometimewoodworker » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:07 pm

sirineou wrote:
BKKBILL wrote:For screens on the inside all the ones I've seen in Thailand are hinged with a magnet catch keeping them closed and/or sliding window screens.

Hi Bill, Good to see you, still in this forum after all these years , discrimination good advise
Yes indeed I remember Max & Bee's Building thread. A well documented, comprehensive , well worth reading Thread IMO.
If I remember correctly, he used double wall ACC block using the cavity to rum mechanical, Not sure if he used metal furring or if he glued the drywall directly to the ACC wall , I seem to remember something about that, but it might have being some one else. I skimmed through his thread to find the drywall portion, but I was unsuccessful, I will look again when I have more time.
Max was/is a very nice guy, last I read in his thread he was back in Australia, wonder where he is now? I highly recomend reading his thread to anyone wanting to build in Thailand.

Start at page 36, and probably glued or/and screwed to the wall.
Sometimewoodworker

Postby BKKBILL » Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:29 pm

sirineou wrote:
Max was/is a very nice guy, last I read in his thread he was back in Australia, wonder where he is now? I highly recommend reading his thread to anyone wanting to build in Thailand.

Sirineou you also have been here for a while :mrgreen:
Rereading some of Max & Bees thread brought back some good memories. STW is right gypsum was glued and screwed to ACC blocks. He is back in Australia using their place here as a holiday home for now.
It's not who you know, it's whom you know.
BKKBILL

Postby kmanonmaui » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:33 pm

Sometimewoodworker wrote:That's not pricey. Just wait for PrimeAsia

Ouch!!! You were not kidding...
2017-04-19 19_34_57-QT UP 351-2017 Private House Mr.Kumar Manuel (Production).pdf and 12 more pages .png
kmanonmaui

Location: Maui, Hawaii, USA and Kut Chap, Udon Thani, Thailand

Postby Sometimewoodworker » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:00 pm

kmanonmaui wrote:
Sometimewoodworker wrote:That's not pricey. Just wait for PrimeAsia

Ouch!!! You were not kidding...

If you want top quality with the service that goes with it then the price is reasonable.
Of course you can pay less and get lower quality.
I am still OK with the price we paid as the windows and doors are really good as is the service.
Sometimewoodworker

Previous

Return to windows and doors