PVC Windows and Doors

Information about windows and doors.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

Re: PVC Windows and Doors

Postby kmanonmaui » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:59 pm

kmanonmaui wrote:
Sometimewoodworker wrote:If you mention Jerome and Nui Meekings house near udon to PrimeAsia you may have a little more success.


Ahhh, going to send to them now. Thanks!


Gosh they did reply quickly:

Dear Mr.Kumar,

Yes, very nice to know that we are installed House for Mr.Jerome at Udonthanee. We will go back again House of Mr.Jerome after Songkran for check Fly Screen. Kindly be send me location and map of your house may be our engineer can visit you and discuss about your project. Anyway still need your phone number for contact in case. Thank you.
Best Regards

Praphar Saseesaeng (Pea)
User avatar
kmanonmaui
 
Posts: 107
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:08 am
Location: Maui, Hawaii, USA and Kut Chap, Udon Thani, Thailand

Re: PVC Windows and Doors

Postby Sometimewoodworker » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:20 pm

You are not using Low-E glass in your IGU's. Any reason why not?
Sometimewoodworker
 
Posts: 1806
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:22 pm
Location: Non Sa-At / Tokyo

Re: PVC Windows and Doors

Postby Sometimewoodworker » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:44 pm

kmanonmaui wrote:
kmanonmaui wrote:
Sometimewoodworker wrote:If you mention Jerome and Nui Meekings house near udon to PrimeAsia you may have a little more success.


Ahhh, going to send to them now. Thanks!


Gosh they did reply quickly:

Dear Mr.Kumar,

Yes, very nice to know that we are installed House for Mr.Jerome at Udonthanee. We will go back again House of Mr.Jerome after Songkran for check Fly Screen. Kindly be send me location and map of your house may be our engineer can visit you and discuss about your project. Anyway still need your phone number for contact in case. Thank you.
Best Regards

Praphar Saseesaeng (Pea)

You can see the full installation http://meekings.selfip.com/nui/Groups-of-photos/New_house/Pages/August_2016.html#grid here and the mosquito screens http://meekings.selfip.com/nui/Groups-of-photos/New_house/Pages/September_Early_2016.html#grid
They have visited twice for the install and as they mentioned they are coming a third time for a maintenance visit soon.

Kuhn Pee is the main sales contact Khon Dario is the owner (I think he is Eastern European) if you can't communicate clearly with Kuhn Pea you can try him.

We have two kinds of mosquito screen a concertina style and a roller style. The concertina style is for the bigger openings and is possibly more reliable.
Sometimewoodworker
 
Posts: 1806
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:22 pm
Location: Non Sa-At / Tokyo

Re: PVC Windows and Doors

Postby kmanonmaui » Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:04 am

So.... the nice guy at Project Supplies Direct just told me that "in Thailand all of the screens are on the inside, I understand in the US they are on the outside, but not here"

This just doesn't work for me and I can't follow how you open, slide, etc. without having to take off the screen. I know, I know, TIT, but really?
User avatar
kmanonmaui
 
Posts: 107
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:08 am
Location: Maui, Hawaii, USA and Kut Chap, Udon Thani, Thailand

Re: PVC Windows and Doors

Postby Klondyke » Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:36 pm

kmanonmaui wrote:So.... the nice guy at Project Supplies Direct just told me that "in Thailand all of the screens are on the inside, I understand in the US they are on the outside, but not here"

This just doesn't work for me and I can't follow how you open, slide, etc. without having to take off the screen. I know, I know, TIT, but really?


In Thailand the screen are always inside. Then, if to open the window, first try to open the screen (not so easy since the frame is not so rigid), then to stretch your hand thru the steel grid (and get scratched), then to try to reach the window pane.
That's why if the window cannot be closed/open by going outside, it is rather left throughout the year closed or open.

I installed my moskyto screen from outside, shown on my picture in front of the 2 middle sliding panes, the other 2 panes are fixed without a screen.
Klondyke
 
Posts: 319
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:40 pm

Re: PVC Windows and Doors

Postby kmanonmaui » Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:49 pm

Klondyke wrote:In Thailand the screen are always inside. .


OMG, I'm going to get all sliders and stable my screen on the outside.
User avatar
kmanonmaui
 
Posts: 107
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:08 am
Location: Maui, Hawaii, USA and Kut Chap, Udon Thani, Thailand

Re: PVC Windows and Doors

Postby Sometimewoodworker » Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:57 pm

kmanonmaui wrote:So.... the nice guy at Project Supplies Direct just told me that "in Thailand all of the screens are on the inside, I understand in the US they are on the outside, but not here"

This just doesn't work for me and I can't follow how you open, slide, etc. without having to take off the screen. I know, I know, TIT, but really?

Project Supplies Direct is talking through an orifice not normally designed for conversation.

Our kitchen door has it's mosquito screen on the outside.

However I think that you misunderstand the way that Thai mosquito screens function. They are not fixed but slide. So you open the window then close the mosquito screen when not in use the mosquito screen doesn't cover the openings.
Sometimewoodworker
 
Posts: 1806
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:22 pm
Location: Non Sa-At / Tokyo

Re: PVC Windows and Doors

Postby Sometimewoodworker » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:16 pm

Klondyke wrote:
In Thailand the screen are always inside. Then, if to open the window, first try to open the screen (not so easy since the frame is not so rigid),


That will depend on the screen you have fitted. If you have bought the cheapest then it's true, not so true with the better quality
Klondyke wrote:then to stretch your hand thru the steel grid (and get scratched), then to try to reach the window pane.


In our new house we have no steel grids over our windows so can't get scratched by them.

Klondyke wrote:That's why if the window cannot be closed/open by going outside, it is rather left throughout the year closed or open.


None of our windows, either in the new or old house can be closed/open by going outside. They all open from inside.

I installed my moskyto screen from outside, shown on my picture in front of the 2 middle sliding panes, the other 2 panes are fixed without a screen.


You forgot to post the pictures
Sometimewoodworker
 
Posts: 1806
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:22 pm
Location: Non Sa-At / Tokyo

Re: PVC Windows and Doors

Postby Sometimewoodworker » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:24 pm

kmanonmaui wrote:
Klondyke wrote:In Thailand the screen are always inside. .


OMG, I'm going to get all sliders and stable my screen on the outside.


Your wife will not be happy :twisted: if you do that. Thailand, in the hot season, is very dusty so mosquito screens fixed to the outside will get very dirty quickly and they are not easy to clean.

The one mosquito screen we fitted outside ad to be that way due to the door opening inward. However it is a concertina screen so when the doors are closed it is hidden.
Sometimewoodworker
 
Posts: 1806
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:22 pm
Location: Non Sa-At / Tokyo

Re: PVC Windows and Doors

Postby Klondyke » Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:58 pm

kmanonmaui wrote:
Klondyke wrote:In Thailand the screen are always inside. .


OMG, I'm going to get all sliders and stable my screen on the outside.


Be careful. The neighbours could be annoyed by seeing the screen (especially if it is dirty), better to keep the (dirty) screen inside. :shock:
Also the burglar grid in Thailand is always inside in order not to disturb the neighbour's view. Outside - in the view of the neighbours - are only the plain window panes (even if they are pretty dirty) :?

BTW, the screens are easy to clean. Once they show evident dust sticking, they are easy to remove (once they are outside) and sprayed by water, brushed by nam yaa.

As a matter of fact, also the vertical construction columns (20x20 cm) are in Thailand always protruding the walls towards inside (once the walls are by a single block or brick 7 cm). Therefore, inside all the furniture cannot be placed tight to the wall, the furniture line is always interrupted by the "sau", it disturbs (the owner - not the neighbour).
Klondyke
 
Posts: 319
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:40 pm

Re: PVC Windows and Doors

Postby kmanonmaui » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:42 am

Klondyke wrote:[quote="kmanonmaui
As a matter of fact, also the vertical construction columns (20x20 cm) are in Thailand always protruding the walls towards inside (once the walls are by a single block or brick 7 cm). Therefore, inside all the furniture cannot be placed tight to the wall, the furniture line is always interrupted by the "sau", it disturbs (the owner - not the neighbour).


Oh, I'm fully furring out my walls - two sets of steel - going to be close to 15" of space to run all my pipes, electric and then fill with insulation. I did see that part coming. :D
User avatar
kmanonmaui
 
Posts: 107
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:08 am
Location: Maui, Hawaii, USA and Kut Chap, Udon Thani, Thailand

Re: PVC Windows and Doors

Postby Sometimewoodworker » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:30 am

Klondyke wrote:Also the burglar grid in Thailand is always inside in order not to disturb the neighbour's view. Outside - in the view of the neighbours - are only the plain window panes (even if they are pretty dirty) :?
.


It's very common to have them on the outside.

IMG_0706.jpeg
Random house in Khon Kaen
Sometimewoodworker
 
Posts: 1806
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:22 pm
Location: Non Sa-At / Tokyo

Re: PVC Windows and Doors

Postby Klondyke » Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:46 am

Sometimewoodworker wrote:
Klondyke wrote:In Thailand the screen are always inside. Then, if to open the window, first try to open the screen (not so easy since the frame is not so rigid),

That will depend on the screen you have fitted. If you have bought the cheapest then it's true, not so true with the better quality

Klondyke wrote:then to stretch your hand thru the steel grid (and get scratched), then to try to reach the window pane.

You forgot to post the pictures


As I mentioned, I did not describe my windows, just the general situation in Thailand. And as I know the screen frames in the whole Thailand - when ordered at every village - are of the same alu profile. Exceptions: newly imported equipmet in the large dept. stores, or specialists.

I did my windows by wood by myself (with help of my people) to fit in the existing frames in the house we bought from the bank some 12 years ago. The frames were ones of few things not stolen (since not easy to dig out) by the kind neighbours from the house abandoned over 10 years by the original owner.

Image
Image

And since at that time we were in a hurry to refurbish everything and to move fast in we had available just a NZ pine. So, the pane frames (40cm wide) on the full sunshine over 12 years are no longer very straight and smoothly sliding. Therefore, I have been waiting on a free "window" in our busy production to be able to serve ourselves by remaking them by white oak I am importing from USA.

The moskyto screens are also by a tiny wooden frame inserted from outside.
Image
Klondyke
 
Posts: 319
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:40 pm

Re: PVC Windows and Doors

Postby Sometimewoodworker » Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:25 pm

Klondyke wrote:
As I mentioned, I did not describe my windows, just the general situation in Thailand. And as I know the screen frames in the whole Thailand - when ordered at every village - are of the same alu profile. Exceptions: newly imported equipmet in the large dept. stores, or specialists.

You are mistakenly generalising.

In our old house, the one we live in, there were several options for Mosquito screens, all made locally. ours are sliding ones, not fixed like yours

Klondyke wrote: I have been waiting on a free "window" in our busy production to be able to serve ourselves by remaking them by white oak I am importing from USA.

Why are you trying to import wood that is easily available in Thailand in wood street?
I say trying to import as you are very likely to run into customs problems.
Klondyke wrote:The moskyto screens are also by a tiny wooden frame inserted from outside.
Image
Sometimewoodworker
 
Posts: 1806
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:22 pm
Location: Non Sa-At / Tokyo

Re: PVC Windows and Doors

Postby Klondyke » Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:07 pm

Sometimewoodworker wrote: I have been waiting on a free "window" in our busy production to be able to serve ourselves by remaking them by white oak I am importing from USA.
Why are you trying to import wood that is easily available in Thailand in wood street?
I say trying to import as you are very likely to run into customs problems.


I am not "trying", I have been importing the wood by containers for my business. And customs problems? That is everywhere a problem that has to be solved.

Are you saying I can get wood like this (non-dark) on a street? (in fact, I know the "wood street" you mean, did you ask there to sell a container of non-Thai (or any) wood and for how much?)

Image

Image

Image

Image
Klondyke
 
Posts: 319
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:40 pm

PreviousNext

Return to windows and doors

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron