My infinity pool

Any thing to do with swimming pools, fish ponds, or other man made structures which hold water (but not wells for drinking water).

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL, pattayapope

Re: My infinity pool

Postby Breizh29 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:40 pm

schuimpge wrote:
AJBangkok wrote:I think I have a pretty standard system below.
IMG_0078.JPG

I Would agree with that except that it's the first system I see mounted on the ceiling.... :mrgreen:

:lol:
Breizh29

Postby Breizh29 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:13 pm

Hi,

Installation of the internal formwork for the walls and always in the thai fashion based on wood of course (it worked well for the main pool, so there is no reason not to go in the same way!):
For the buffer tank,

for the spa,

for the holding tank used for dirty water after washing the filter.

The installation of some pipelines has begun. Here for the vacuum port, the main drain and the discharge nozzles of the basin.
Breizh29

Postby Rdteth » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:16 pm

Do hope you use a different glue now for your pipes.
SCG chang.
Rdteth

Postby Breizh29 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:48 pm

Rdteth wrote:Do hope you use a different glue now for your pipes.
SCG chang.

Yes I do. But I'm 100% sure that the pool builder had never used it before. And yet he built swimming pools for 20 years and in any shape, any size! :mrgreen:
Breizh29

Postby Rdteth » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:52 pm

Good.
When your pool is finisnhed, send him over to me.
Rdteth

Postby Breizh29 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:19 am

Hi,
The team had left us again on March 7 to go to a wedding! :roll: The concrete of the walls of the spa, and the two tanks had to be poured on March 11th. But still no workers. :shock: The pool builder changes team and the concrete will be poured this afternoon. To be continued ... Happy Thailand! :mrgreen:
Breizh29

Postby Breizh29 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:00 am

Yesterday afternoon another team came to pour the bench and the wall of the spa as well as the wall of the retention tank. The buffer tank will be made later in the week.

Retention tank:

Spa (not easy for the guys to work through all this wood and air outlet pipes):
The pipes coming out of the concrete from the wall will receive the air nozzles associated with the massage nozzles.

The manager of another team who will work on the tiles will come to look the site.
I don't know if the team of yesterday will take care of the building of the overflow gutter. Amazing Thailand! :mrgreen:
Breizh29

Postby Breizh29 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:48 pm

Klondyke wrote:... the flow inlet into the tank should be arranged so gently, that it does not whirl up the water sedimented at the bottom before. ....

Please can you show me this?
Breizh29

Postby Klondyke » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:07 pm

Breizh29 wrote:
Klondyke wrote:... the flow inlet into the tank should be arranged so gently, that it does not whirl up the water sedimented at the bottom before. ....

Please can you show me this?

Instead of letting the water falling brutally (like Niagara Falls) into the OF tank, having there an angled chute by wooden planks. And the inlet section separated by few freely standing cement blocks, in order to keep the sucking section rather in peace.
Klondyke

Postby Rdteth » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:19 am

Some questions.
In an earlier picture I noticed you will make some 16 air outlets in the bottom of your spa, all with what looks like 1" pipe ( maybe 3/4). What will you be using to make that much air? Also what kind of nozzles will you use? I see 1 more thick pipe coming out the spa floor, water outlet I guess. How is your design set up?
I'm at the point now to make the final design for my spa interior, maybe also change the entrance.
In the latter I wonder why you have the whole spa elevated and the waterlevel above pool level?
How do you go from the spa into the pool?

and what' s happening with the works now?
cheers
Rene
Rdteth

Postby Breizh29 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:20 pm

Rdteth wrote:In an earlier picture I noticed you will make some 16 air outlets in the bottom of your spa, all with what looks like 1" pipe ( maybe 3/4). What will you be using to make that much air? Also what kind of nozzles will you use?
16 air outlets that will be supplied by an air blower (2HP, 3HP I don't know). Next time I will ask the builder of the pool an air nozzle and I will put the picture.
Rdteth wrote:How do you go from the spa into the pool?
Get out of the spa and take the stairs! :wink: :wink:
Rdteth wrote:I see 1 more thick pipe coming out the spa floor, water outlet I guess. How is your design set up?
No, the pipe (2 ") that exits the spa floor is for a discharge nozzle (as in the pool). The water level of the spa will be higher than that of the pool of about 40 cm. Of the spa will overflow in the pool. When the spa pump is closed I will still have water filtration.
Rdteth wrote:In the latter I wonder why you have the whole spa elevated and the waterlevel above pool level?
Why am I doing that? It is a fantasy of my wife! :roll: More seriously I'm not the first to do this and it's pretty I think. Here is a picture of the pool which we were inspired.Image
But I also think it's a source of extra worries! :oops:
Rdteth wrote:and what' s happening with the works now?
The walls of the buffer tank were still not concreted when the thunderstorms arrived much earlier than expected! :| Result: the soil collapsed around the excavation and it will be necessary to dismantle everything to clean before reassembling the formwork and this time formwork inside and outside. The next meteo window is probably between Monday and Wednesday.
Breizh29

Postby Breizh29 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:56 pm

Hi guys,
Tomorrow normally resumed work by a new team. Finally if the weather allows it!
I'm a little disillusioned ...
Breizh29

Postby Breizh29 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:42 am

Hi,
A new team. The retention tank floor is concreted, above the tank will be a small room with shower and toilet.

Removing the formwork and cleaning of the spa.

And above all, work again on the excavation of the buffer tank. Dig and remove the soil around the tank, clean and construct a lost formwork in cinder blocks as for the swimming pool.
Breizh29

Postby Breizh29 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:06 pm

Hi guys,

Little news about the work done between April 4-10.

The walls of the buffer tank were poured. The floor of this one was also created.
The pillars of the technical room above are under construction.

The retention tank is completed. The small "shower-toilet" room above is under construction.
Breizh29

Postby Rdteth » Mon May 15, 2017 8:34 am

Update pls?
Rdteth

PreviousNext

Return to swimming pool