The blessed one?

A blurb about who you are an your interest in Thai real estate.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

The blessed one?

Postby YangMyTai » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:52 am

Last winter the folks in Thailand - Issan gave me a nice nickname: บุญรอด or in transliteration Boonrord. At least, I think that's what it sounds like. Maybe some native or more experienced members/English speakers can improve this transliteration.
It means something like blessed, the blessed one and I kinda like that.

Anyway, I am from The Netherlands and my own name is equaly hard to pronounce in English as my Thai nickname, so let's just stick to that name.

I met my (Thai) wife in Europe, where she has a permanent permit to stay now. But, we are planning to build a house in Issan and that plans brought me to this site, where I can find many idea's and information and where I will probably post some questions or building reports in the future.

Our plans are long-term plans, because my work will not let me spend more time than 1 month/year in Thailand, but a little start has been made; last winter i had some landfill on the property of my wife (15 rai) where we should start building two years from now.

So, I hope to enjoy and contribute in a positive way to this wonderfull forum.
YangMyTai

Re: The blessed one?

Postby pipoz » Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:43 pm

YangMyTai wrote:Last winter the folks in Thailand - Issan gave me a nice nickname: บุญรอด or in transliteration Boonrord. At least, I think that's what it sounds like. Maybe some native or more experienced members/English speakers can improve this transliteration.
It means something like blessed, the blessed one and I kinda like that.

Anyway, I am from The Netherlands and my own name is equaly hard to pronounce in English as my Thai nickname, so let's just stick to that name.

I met my (Thai) wife in Europe, where she has a permanent permit to stay now. But, we are planning to build a house in Issan and that plans brought me to this site, where I can find many idea's and information and where I will probably post some questions or building reports in the future.

Our plans are long-term plans, because my work will not let me spend more time than 1 month/year in Thailand, but a little start has been made; last winter i had some landfill on the property of my wife (15 rai) where we should start building two years from now.

So, I hope to enjoy and contribute in a positive way to this wonderfull forum.

Welcome Boonrord?? :lol:

pipoz
pipoz

Return to Introduce Yourself