3 StoryVilla

A blurb about who you are an your interest in Thai real estate.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL

3 StoryVilla

Postby villasaffron » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:30 pm

I want to building 3 STORY VILLA but need help with sizing the reinforced concrete beams and columns. Here is my building specs:

Three Story 8 X 12 meter building with concrete 12cm double way reinforced concrete floors

1st floor 4 meters height

2nd floor 4 meters height

3rd floor 4 meters height

8 meter wide span

4 meter high 30cm X 30cm columns with 8 #13mm rebar

8 meter long 30cm X 50cm beams with 6 #16mm rebar
villasaffron

Re: 3 StoryVilla

Postby Andyfteeze » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:48 pm

You need an enginer to calculate the footings and beam sizes. The house needs to be designed, its mass calculated and suitable column and beam sizes calculated. Nothing given to you on the top of the head is worth the effort.
Caculations start at the top. Total static mass, dynamic mass. Then you can design columns. As you go down , the columns carry more weight so are usually bigger/stronger. Same with beams.
Defining the beams and columns without any meaningful calculations as you have is therefore a stab in the dark.
Again, go see an engineer. Pay him for his time, thats his job. You dont get a doctor to fix your car. We are amateurs here with an interest and some with experience, thats all.
My other observation of what you specified is that it looks rather underdone compared to my previous project plans. Mine could have been over engineered for all i know.
Andyfteeze

Re: 3 StoryVilla

Postby Roger Ramjet » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:33 pm

villasaffron wrote:8 meter long 30cm X 50cm beams with 6 #16mm rebar

When I built my house the 8 metre long beams had a lot more 16 mm rebar in them than that. Off the top of my head some had up to 12, depending on their position and what they supported and most of the beams had a minimum of 8 16mm rebar. You need to get a draftsman to put it through his CAD programme otherwise it will just be grief in a few years or less.
Roger Ramjet

Return to Introduce Yourself