Screeding/levelling your pour

Almost everything that needs to be said about concrete, cement, hand-mixing, uses and prices has been said on this forum. Please check out the contributions before posting new questions.

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL, pattayapope

Screeding/levelling your pour

Postby spg » Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:02 pm

What do you guys do?

Mostly they just seem to go for the 'uneven as possible' effect here. They've used string in the past, but it's basically useless; I'm going to try adding some vertical rebar sticks cut to the correct height to aid with the screeding.
spg

Re: Screeding/levelling your pour

Postby Sometimewoodworker » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:01 pm

spg wrote:What do you guys do?

Mostly they just seem to go for the 'uneven as possible' effect here. They've used string in the past, but it's basically useless; I'm going to try adding some vertical rebar sticks cut to the correct height to aid with the screeding.

The little piles if concrete method seems quite popular.
Sometimewoodworker

Re: Screeding/levelling your pour

Postby cooked » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:52 am

The son in law can draw a line around the walls (using a hosepipe to level) and then produce an absolutely level screed by eye. However he is incapable of doing it with a 1 or 2% slope!
The first screed job that I did involved setting up a framework of good quality 2x 4cm wood, which took me a whole day. I pulled the wood out as I went along, making sure to fill the gap while the screed was still wet.
Still ok after 36 years
Dolt: a dull or foolish fellow
cooked

Return to cement, concrete and mortar