My infinity pool

Any thing to do with swimming pools, fish ponds, or other man made structures which hold water (but not wells for drinking water).

Moderators: Sometimewoodworker, MGV12, BKKBILL, pattayapope

My infinity pool

Postby Breizh29 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:37 pm

I will start building my pool tomorrow: infinity pool with a raised pool (like a spa) overflowing in the rest of the pool.
An unpretentious little plan made by myself:

First step because of the nature of the ground: installation of 15 piles of 6m which will be pushed along their entire length or to the point of refusal.

Here are the natural stones that will cover the exterior wall and the curb of the rising basin:

The future tomorrow ...
Breizh29

Re: My infinity pool

Postby Breizh29 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:21 am

Pile placement in the ground:

Today creation of the excavation (pool will be 9mX5m, proof: sloping from 1,20m to 1,60m) Today creation of the excavation
Breizh29

Postby olavhome » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:56 pm

Godd Luck With Your pool building.
Nice design :-)
W just finished make our own and will put water inside and start using when return Thailand end january.
Hopefully be ok :-)
Just be carefull and check peoole working do clean properly when do the tiling :-)
olavhome

Postby pipoz » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:59 pm

Here are the natural stones that will cover the exterior wall and the curb of the rising basin:

The future tomorrow ...[/quote]

Hi Breizh29

The start of another project.

Good luck and I will watch with interest, as my plan for a pool is to start towards the end of this year. But then, you will have answered my questions, with your pool built

Question 1 of Many to Come : Re Natural stones that will cover the exterior wall - Can I ask what are they (Slate) and what size are they? Also where did you source them from

pipoz
pipoz

Postby Breizh29 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:34 pm

olavhome wrote:Godd Luck With Your pool building.
Nice design :-)
W just finished make our own and will put water inside and start using when return Thailand end january.
Hopefully be ok :-)
Just be carefull and check peoole working do clean properly when do the tiling :-)

Thanks olavhome.
You have just finished your pool: Have you created a thread that I can watch?
I think you have to be very careful at all stages of construction. I think and I hope to have chosen a good pool builder.
I saw several of the pools he built and followed one during the stage of his construction.
Moreover I have already used its services for my system of water supply and filtration of the house and it is OK.
Breizh29

Postby Breizh29 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:54 pm

pipoz wrote:Hi Breizh29

Good luck and I will watch with interest, as my plan for a pool is to start towards the end of this year. But then, you will have answered my questions, with your pool built

Question 1 of Many to Come : Re Natural stones that will cover the exterior wall - Can I ask what are they (Slate) and what size are they? Also where did you source them from

pipoz

Hi pipoz.

Slate: It is very possible but then very thick. Size 30cm X 30 cm and bought in a department store that only makes this type of supply on the road between Korat and Pak Chong. The name od the store I donSlate It is very possible but then very thick. Size 30cm X 30 cm and bought in a department store that only makes this type of supply on the road between Korat and Pak Chong. The name of the store I do not remember but if needed I could certainly find it!
The pool builder was with me when I chose the stones and liked it. On another pool he just finished he had the owner to buy the same stones and installed them. I saw the result and it 's very satisfying.
Breizh29

Postby olavhome » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:11 pm

It is "Sweet Mango Village"
Unfortunately have not posted lately after old camera crashed and started using my Samsung Galaxy 5 for photoes.
When try to upload get mostly alwayd "file to large" :-(
So if anyone can tell what to do, its appreciated :-)
olavhome

Postby Breizh29 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:53 pm

Breizh29 wrote:
pipoz wrote:Hi Breizh29

pipoz

Hi pipoz.

Slate: It is very possible but then very thick. Size 30cm X 30 cm and bought in a department store that only makes this type of supply on the road between Korat and Pak Chong.d The name of the store I don't remember but if needed I could certainly find it!
The pool builder was with me when I chose the stones and liked it. On another pool he just finished he had the owner to buy the same stones and installed them. I saw the result and it 's very satisfying.
Breizh29

Postby BKKBILL » Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:17 pm

olavhome wrote:It is "Sweet Mango Village"
Unfortunately have not posted lately after old camera crashed and started using my Samsung Galaxy 5 for photoes.

There are photo resizers at the google play store. Try this one as I would also like to see a continuation of your pool build.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... otoresizer
It's not who you know, it's whom you know.
BKKBILL

Postby Breizh29 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:50 pm

Yesterday a mini excavator came and dug the excavation of the pool and the raised basin, the buffer tank and another tank that will store the waste water after washing the sand filter.
The buffer tank (2m X 5m X1,5m) will be located under the technical room.

And as we had planned the bottom of the hole for the pool slowly found under a few centimeters of water. Groundwater still quite high and pumping in sight.

Today the reception of some supplies and spreading of part of the ground in another location of the garden which lacked it.
Breizh29

Postby olavhome » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:17 pm

There are photo resizers at the google play store. Try this one as I would also like to see a continuation of your pool build.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... otoresizer[/quote]

Have downloded.
Seem ok.
Tks :-)
olavhome

Postby Sometimewoodworker » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:57 pm

BKKBILL wrote:
olavhome wrote:It is "Sweet Mango Village"

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... otoresizer

Another way, if you use FaceBook, is to upload them to FB then download them again, FB automatically downsizes all pictures.
Sometimewoodworker

Postby Breizh29 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:34 pm

The team of construction of the swimming pool has arrived. The construction in itself is planned between 2 months and a half and 3 months. They started pumping the water, pulling the levels and cutting the piles taking into account the slope of the bottom of the pool.

Delivery of materials: cement, sand, gravel, cinder blocks and 2000 meters of rebar.

The mini-shovel is back to remove the ground surrounding the excavation.
Breizh29

Postby Breizh29 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:03 pm

Hello,
2 days ago a concrete truck came 2 times (6m³) to create a slab of cleanliness.

Beginning of assembly of the external formwork in breeze blocks. This will be a lost formwork that will be an integral part of the pool wall.
Breizh29

Postby olavhome » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:30 pm

Guess you have a bottom drain somewhere ? :D
olavhome

Next

Return to swimming pool