Udon small build

Any story related to building in the LOS, whether everything turned out hunky dory or not!

Moderators: MGV12, BKKBILL, fredlk

Udon small build

Postby Paulie » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:18 pm

Hi fellas.
Been looking for some land in udon Thani for a while but prices are crazy. Keep getting offers of 1million for plots 70-100 talang wah which I'm just not prepared to pay.

Another (dreaded) option has been offered from the mother in law and she's offered us the option of building something on her land.
I knew I was always going to end up building something for her anyway but was hoping to get my place done so they could move into our place while we bulldozed the old house and built a new one for her.
Anyway circumstances have changed due to the land issues so we are going ahead with the build on her land first.

Now this one is going to be tricky, the plot is 100 talang wah but we only have the rear part of the plot to build on until the old house comes down.

Here's the plot.
image.jpeg

That structure has been taken down and cleared.
image.jpeg

Now Mrs has got a little ahead of herself and gone and already had it filled. I personally would of preferred to build the retaining walls first but she's gone ahead and payed for the fill with her own cash. She didn't even give me chance to measure the plot first. Anyway what's don is done and I'm just going to have to work around it.

Here the trucks, 22 loads it took at 650b aload
image.jpeg

Fill
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
Attachments
image.jpeg
Paulie

Re: Udon small build

Postby Paulie » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:28 pm

Now here's the house problem

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

The existing house is going to make this tricky. Plan is to build the new house, rip down the old, fill the 2nd half of the plot then extend the new house at a later date onto the the other half.

1st thing I'm planning on doing is getting a retaining wall built. Don't know have hard that's going to be now the fill has been put in first but it needs doing as you can see it raised well above the neighbours. Would like to get it done before it floods next door
Paulie

Postby Paulie » Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:24 pm

What's the experts option on the wall.
Do asap or wait until next year when the fill has settled?
Paulie

Postby Paulie » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:16 pm

1st disaster today.
It's been raining heavily in udon all day. As a result of the rain and the fill getting put right up to the rear of the house, the house has started to flood :lol:

Exactly what I was expecting when I first saw the pictures of the fill. Was hoping there would be little rain over the next few months but no luck.
Told the Mrs she needs to get a couple of feet of that fill moved away from the house So the water has somwhere to run down the sides of the house where the drain is.
More worried about next door, hope it hasn't started to flood there too.

Plan now is to get the wall built asap and sort some kind of gully or drain between the back of the house and end of the fill.
Paulie

Postby Bangyai » Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:34 pm

Good luck with it Paulie. It's going to be stressful but that's just the way it is with building houses. Be patient with all the dumb problems you run into and you will get there in the end hopefully with your sanity intact.

I sympathise with you on those land prices. Very expensive. Maybe something will come up if you are patient. Might be worth driving around with your lady looking for somewhere you like the look of then get her to go back on her own with a relative and see if the land owner wants to sell for a price nearer on what you are prepared to pay.

Even the plot next to ours which is 100 dtarangwa was priced at 400,000 baht in Wichien Buri Petchabun. Luckily we persuaded the wifes sister to do a land swop so we got it for the mother in law and built her a cheap cottage next door for 150,000.

Anyways .....good luck with it
Bangyai

Return to Your Building Story